S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Windshield tape?

Old 01-28-2003, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by turbo_pwr
What the hell was Honda's reasoning behind it?
ummmm....some wizard at Honda thought it might look better? Windshield tape is in the eye of the beholder...some like it others dont I wouldn't go so far as to say everyone should remove it.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The purpose of the windshield tap is all cosmetic....our windshield is at a large angle. It hides the fact that it sticks sooo straight up. It looks good with out it and with it... just that, when you do remove it and if you don't have a hard top....it looks like the windshield is standing to staight up....

Its a decision in taste, make the one you want....
Old 01-28-2003, 09:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-28-2003, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by PLYRS 3
if you (meaning anyone) get a hardtop, you should remove the tape.
There's no rule that says you have to get a hard top the same color as your car. Personally, I like the tape and if I would ever get a hard top, it would be a black one. If I removed the tape, I would have to get a Spa yellow top.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:17 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

i removed the tape from my '00 red S2000 with just my hands... no heat....

My used '01 Silver S2000 had it's tape removed via a heat gun, and the guy melted the windshield molding....

Just letting you know to be carefull if you decide to use heat.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:27 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally posted by Blue Bitch 2K
What is windshield tape? Where is it located? how is removed? Any pics? Please help!
Don't take this wrong but if you don't know what the tape is or where it is located, why would you be concerned about removing it?

As already said, it covers the outside of the front windshield frame on all cars except the black ones, where it's isn't needed since they are already black. It does not make a lot of sense to me if some black ones now have it but....

Anyways, the purpose is to make the car look lower and to my eyes it works very well thank you. Some folks have removed it just to be different. Some have removed it, and later wished they had not since it may not look as good as they thought after some time has passed or because they found scratches, etc. under it that needed matching body color to cover. Still others have removed it and like it that way. Doing a search will locate you lots of pixs.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:31 AM

If you have a soft top keep the black tape on. If you have a hardtop I think you should take the tape off. Just my opinion. Here is a pic with it off with a hardtop..
You can easily have the tape put back on if you dont like the look.

Old 01-28-2003, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by JDMs2000
If you have a soft top keep the black tape on. If you have a hardtop I think you should take it off. Here is a pic with it off with a hardtop..

Now just imagine how nice this Spa yellow would look if you left the tape on and got a black hard top.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:36 AM

Haha funny you should say that I have that picture too with my black hardtop...
The yellow hardtop looks 10 times better in person in my opinion than the black even though at the time I thought the black would look better than the yellow...
Black hardtop on yellow..

Yellow hardtop on yellow...
Old 01-28-2003, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by JDMs2000
Haha funny you should say that I have that picture too with my black hardtop...
The yellow hardtop looks 10 times better in person in my opinion than the black even though at the time I thought the black would look better than the yellow...
Black hardtop on yellow..
This isn't really a fair representation of what a Spa yellow would look like with a black hard top. Take away the carbon fiber hood and all those stickers on the window and body and I think it would look better than the yellow hard top. Although, both look nice.

Quick Reply: Windshield tape?