S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights

Old 01-24-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=JS2k.com,Jan 24 2011, 09:02 AM] AP2 headlights with clear reflector and diffuser would be the best IMO.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=837577 Coming within a month.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^My thoughts exactly.

If you already have AP2 headlights its no biggie, but if you have AP1's its going to cost you a grand to get some AP2 and a couple hundred more to have them opened up and have these put in.

Im not in love with the ebay lights, but they are a good option.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 10:37 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this simply isn't true. Almost all HID projectors I've ever seen or owned have had the exact same harsh cut-off and I can't say that angle is that much more impressive.

Your picture looks really good, but its a picture and irrelivant (the human eye cannot collect light for 20 seconds to collect a single image). Im not saying these headlights have good HID's, they might be total shite. But the S2000 HID's arent very saught after at all, I couldnt find anyone that wanted them for their projectors.
sorry to break it to you, but you don't know anything about HIDs

yeah, go ahead and buy those ebay lights

especially those chrome ones LOL LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by JS2k.com,Jan 24 2011, 10:01 AM
And yes, stock OEM Projectors (00-05) have the one of the best light outputs for projectors, the widest beam, and sharp ass cutoff.

06+ have fresnal lenses meaning slightly better above the cutoff light output, at the cost of a less sharp cutoff. Still one of the best projectors.
this guy actually knows what he's talking about

high five!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by SIchodelic,Jan 24 2011, 10:52 AM
sorry to break it to you, but you don't know anything about HIDs

yeah, go ahead and buy those ebay lights

especially those chrome ones LOL LOL
I sell HID retrofits for other vehicles. I've gone through about 3 different aftermarket projectors in coming up with what I would concider the best and I've compared them all to the stock S2K projector. They're all basically the same.

Do YOU know how an HID projector works? Didnt think so.

If you do, I'd love to hear your opinion. Explain to me the geometrical differences in the lenses and eliptical reflectors and the impact they have on light output and what is unique about the S2K components that make them better and why other manufacturers would purposely use a lower performing design when a better one is available at no extra cost.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by edspecR,Jan 24 2011, 11:38 AM
shameless plug, totally unbiased opinion you got there.
Yeah, it sure was. I have to considering how much S2ki charges me a month.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 11:37 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this simply isn't true. Almost all HID projectors I've ever seen or owned have had the exact same harsh cut-off and I can't say that angle is that much more impressive.

Your picture looks really good, but its a picture and irrelivant (the human eye cannot collect light for 20 seconds to collect a single image). Im not saying these headlights have good HID's, they might be total shite. But the S2000 HID's arent very saught after at all, I couldnt find anyone that wanted them for their projectors.
I have an extremely hard time believing that you sell retrofits, when you think S2000 projectors are the same as ebay projectors. In addition, you say "S2000 HID's" when you actually mean S2000 projectors or S2000 headlights.

From the many headlights and projectors I've sold, S2000 projectors are the EASIEST to sell. Even TSX (04-05 with clear lens) headlights aren't as easy to sell, even though they have a smaller and shallower mounting depth with similar light output.

Angle? Considering low beam only projectors, they have the widest spread other than the SC430. SC430 projectors, however, don't have the color like the S2000 projectors. S2000 projectors light up a 4 lane highway 180 degrees!

Harsh (sharp) cutoff? Most definitely. That's why so many people love the S2000 headlights. They throw out HUGE amounts of light on the ground under the cutoff! I don't understand why people want light above the cutoff with fresnal lenses. If you need to see something above the cutoff, use your high beams. That's what they're made for.
Plus with the S2000 projectors, when you're going over a bumpy road, the color flickers like a rainbow to oncoming drivers.
I can ALWAYS tell when there's an S2000 coming the opposite direction because of the light show.

I checked out a buddy's set of 'projectors' on his aftermarket headlights on his RSX. The output was utter crap and put out less light than the stock headlights. Suffice to say, he put his stock headlights back on.

Every other aftermarket projector is just as bad except for X website (TRS) that builds their projectors based on existing projectors.

That same company also creates clear lenses for many projector applications that have fresnal lenses to reduce the amount of light above the cutoff and achieve the sharp cutoff with lots of color and even more usable light below the cutoff.

_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 01:19 PM
Do YOU know how an HID projector works? Didnt think so.
I'll keep this civil: You haven't exactly done a good job displaying your knowledge of projectors.

_________
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Tell me which one looks better.

This is partially the reason for why the S2000 projectors have such great light output.

Not an S2000 projector, but this is why most other projectors don't stack up, they have fresnel lenses.

_________
Old 01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 11:40 AM
Im not in love with the ebay lights, but they are a good option.
Why would you say they're a good option when you said the projectors could be "total shite" in another post?

_________

Quick Reply: Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights