S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights

Old 01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 06:14 PM
Re-read the thread a couple times and imagine for a second you dont care if you sell enough reflectors to pay for your CNC molds.
Escalating it further and taking it to a personal level huh?
Well eat shit, you troll.
You're the second person on my Ignore list. Congrats.
Keep trolling if you wish. I won't be listening.

If I don't make money it won't have anything to do with you or this thread.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you finally got my point all along. Your personal gain should have no influence on the opinions of others regarding a competitive product.

If you sell something that supports the OEM headlights, you shouldnt be passing opinions when someone posts an aftermarket head light. Its a conflict of interest and unfair to people who could enjoy the product if there were to give it a chance. If anyone else here said they were shit, you could trust their opinion, but given the circumstances, you shouldnt be allowed to input.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 08:57 PM
Glad you finally got my point all along. Your personal gain should have no influence on the opinions of others regarding a competitive product.

If you sell something that supports the OEM headlights, you shouldnt be passing opinions when someone posts an aftermarket head light. Its a conflict of interest and unfair to people who could enjoy the product if there were to give it a chance. If anyone else here said they were shit, you could trust their opinion, but given the circumstances, you shouldnt be allowed to input.
so people with an OEM lip (supplement to an oem part) should have no say or sway on the opinions of others on an aftermarket bumper? wait, why are we on a public forum again?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM

That is a form of biase and generally if a person chooses to have a stock bumper and lip, they are going to favor that setup for other people. But someone who SELLS them is even less entitled to an opinion, because as much as they'd like to say its based on personal preference, financial gain will influence personal preference.

These ebay lights are a possible buy for people and they're unfairly being shot down by someone who assumes and makes a statement of the quality when it is to their financial advantage to do so.

I honestly dont think its THAT big of a deal, but if someone makes a huge argument of it, im going to participate. I have lots of time when my CNC machines are running.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this has nothing to do with financial gain.. just cause hes a vendor doesnt mean that hes not allowed to voice his opinion.. its the internet.. get over it.. just because joey voices his opinion doesnt mean hes promoting his own product.. joey is a reputable vendor with quality products.. joey has nothing to gain or lose here

to add to the argument.. s2k and tsx projectors are the 2 most desired projectors for retrofitting.. i see camry, rsx, accord, prelude guys retrofit them all the time.. s2000's dont need aftermarket headlights either.. they look sexy without them.. rather then waste money on ebay ricey aftermarket headlights.. modify your stock ones.. this is the trend now and days.. black out and clear stock headlights..
Old 01-25-2011, 09:35 PM

The TSX projectors were more abundant and less costly and their smaller size made them friendlier to use for retrofitters. The argument over which is better is pointless especially coming from a retrofitter. Each projector was meant for the specific vehicle it was made for. A taller, more upright family sedan isn't going to have the same lighting demands as a low slung roadster.

If people want to buy ebay lights let them, but if they think they're upgrading over OEM they're sipping crazy sauce.

JS2K is making a product that there is a demand for. The plugging of his product is significant since we are talking about aftermarket headlights. Going back to the AP1, clearly the only thing people were changing was the clear diffusor. He's answering the call for AP2 owners.

If there was a demand for aftermarket S2000 headlights don't you think there would already be a slew of them? the Car has existed for 12 years and they're just now getting to it? You don't think if there really was a need or demand for a "better" headlight design it wouldn't have happened in the cars prime? Gimme a break. The only reason they're starting to show up now is because the car is getting cheap enough that it can fall into the hands of broke tasteless ricers. The era of cheezy taillights, headlights, and fake glue on brembo brake calipers is upon us.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by GavinSSAP1,Jan 25 2011, 04:52 PM
I love you Joey.
+1
joey youre awesome

sorry i opened up a can of worms in this thread

s2k projectors are one of the best
/thread
Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 05:14 PM
Re-read the thread a couple times and imagine for a second you dont care if you sell enough reflectors to pay for your CNC molds.