S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights

Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That isnt the original image you posted, and it sure as hell doesnt light up an entire field. The first picture posted was of a field with tail lights streaking through the entire background the exposure was so long. Now that you get called on it, you post more realistic photo's. Your original intention was misleading.

If you search for "best HID projector S2000" you will find hundreds of people who think that. A lot of people on that thread were saying the TSX headlights were unbeatable.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Jan 25 2011, 10:47 AM
Jordam, I think you should either buy a set and do a write up or stop defending them out of hand.
Im not defending them out of hand, they're being torn down out of hand. They should be presumed innocent until proven guilty of being shit.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by JS2k.com,Jan 25 2011, 10:48 AM
Can we go ahead and shut this down? I can see there's no convincing this guy, and his claims and arguments are getting more outlandish.
Sorry for any issue I may have caused. I don't like to make a scene, but I don't like to be told I'm wrong. I also hate the spread of misinformation.
What misinformation?

I think the S2K projectors are good, but not the best. And you think they're the best projectors ever made and they're impossible to copy.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 12:53 PM
That isnt the original image you posted, and it sure as hell doesnt light up an entire field. The first picture posted was of a field with tail lights streaking through the entire background the exposure was so long. Now that you get called on it, you post more realistic photo's. Your original intention was misleading.

If you search for "best HID projector S2000" you will find hundreds of people who think that. A lot of people on that thread were saying the TSX headlights were unbeatable.
I didn't take the picture of the beam pattern in the field. Get your facts straight.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 11:37 AM
Almost all HID projectors I've ever seen or owned have had the exact same harsh cut-off and I can't say that angle is that much more impressive.

But the S2000 HID's arent very saught after at all, I couldnt find anyone that wanted them for their projectors.
The first misinformation.

_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 11:40 AM
Im not in love with the ebay lights, but they are a good option.
Second misinformation since you don't have these.

_________
Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 04:32 PM
IF the S2000 design was "the best", it would be copied in everyone elses design. No auto manufacturer is going to made a sub-par design just for fun.

Sorry, they're good, but they're no better than most of the other HID projectors on the market running white bulbs.

I doubt the actual physical projector design is much if at all different from their other models.
How about some more?

_________
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 24 2011, 06:13 PM
They're awesome, Im not arguing that. But if you jump in a new Audi, they're just as good or better.
More.

_________
Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 12:16 AM
no matter what its a completely biased opinion you're trying to push to sell your own product
More misinformation. I do not sell S2000 projectors or headlights on S2ki. I don't benefit from this argument. If I wanted to push my product, I would be a post whore so more people would see my posts.

_________
Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 AM

How so, not everyone using the same measuring stick for comparing headlights. I was just reading a thread where someone was complaining about the cut-off of HIDs and wanted headlights that threw more light above the cut-off.

"the best" is extremely subjective and again its based on the spread of missinformation. Its like going around saying that Megan Fox is hands down the hottest woman alive and its been proven.

You cannot prove one headlight better than another, because people are looking for different things in headlights. Some people might want headlights that act like 2 huge flash lights shining straight down the road. I could care less in my headlights have a 180deg sweep and Im not alone. They are a fine option, and I can guarantee the light output is sufficient to constitute a working headlights so they are very valid. Who's to say I even drive at night. A lot of people only drive in the summer and dont drive after dark so they might not even care if they work that well.

Get over it. Neither of us are about to buy them so neither of us can say shit about them, its unfair in either direction.

At the end of the day, im nobody and im not trying to sell anything. People will read this thread and the majority of people will side with you. But a whole handful will think you're a goof and will get what im saying and make a point of never buying anything from you.

Quick Reply: Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights