S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights

Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 11:45 AM
Im not assuming anything...
... that if they're copying a headlight that was originally fitted with a projector that they would copy the low beam projector.
How is this not an assumption?

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by secUnd3r,Jan 25 2011, 11:44 AM
Wow that escalated rather quickly.

Look, Jordan is trolling hard here. He is providing no factual evidence, he is being argumentative and stubborn for the sake of arguing, and his entire arguement is based on logical fallacies.

JS2k, on the other hand, has kept a cool head and provided facts, along with about a scientific control as he can get with his examples as possible. He provided plenty of evidence for his side of the arguement. He has no vested interest in winning this arguement, except for the fact that he owns an S2000. Which is the same for Jordan.

JS2k is a well respected member of this community, I can vouch from personal experience in purchasing products from him, he is a man of his word. Furthermore, as most people already have stated in this thread, Jordan is wrong, JS2k is right. The arguement is over, we have a winner.
I'm glad to see someone else isn't convinced by his weak arguments and points.

I'm done arguing.

_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not making a definative judgement, therefore im not praising or slamming, just making an observation. You're slamming the product when you have no idea what they're all about. If someone wants to try them you have to respect their opinion about light output etc and unless you buy your own, you cant really pass on negative judgement, its cheap and unprofessional.

Im aware you dont sell projectors, but say by chance these headlights actually have awesome projectors and it gets around, less people will be interested in your clear lense kit and you lose out, it is clearly to your benefit to unfairly slam these.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by secUnd3r,Jan 25 2011, 09:44 AM
Wow that escalated rather quickly.

Look, Jordan is trolling hard here. He is providing no factual evidence, he is being argumentative and stubborn for the sake of arguing, and his entire arguement is based on logical fallacies.

JS2k, on the other hand, has kept a cool head and provided facts, along with about a scientific control as he can get with his examples as possible. He provided plenty of evidence for his side of the arguement. He has no vested interest in winning this arguement, except for the fact that he owns an S2000. Which is the same for Jordan.

JS2k is a well respected member of this community, I can vouch from personal experience in purchasing products from him, he is a man of his word. Furthermore, as most people already have stated in this thread, Jordan is wrong, JS2k is right. The arguement is over, we have a winner.
He hasn't provided a lick of evidense in regards to the product we are discussing. The original argument was "are the S2K projectors the king shit" and admittedly there are other OEM HIDs that perform at the same level.

Im not trolling at all, Im defending a defensless product that hasnt been given a chance. If you think they're ugly, dont buy them. But dont assume anything regarding quality.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Maybe I'll just add my two cents.

The amount of arguing is getting pretty close to IOwnaRicerCivic.com forums. Let's try to avoid that shall we?

Jordan stop being a troll. Buy the lights and compare for us if you wont listen to reason.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the argument may have had some value at first, then it turned into a big pissing contest where both of you just keep repeating yourselves and bashing each others posts.

jordan in his first post clearly stated iirc that he has no idea if the ebay projectors are crap or quality. js2k is clearly stating that the s2000 has one of the best projectors ever made. in fact, these two points really don't conflict at all, both statements can be true at the same time which leads me back to saying this whole argument is completely pointless.

i do agree with jordan that these china projectors COULD be good... probably not though. but i do know that i love the projectors and light beam of my ap1, so i completely agree with js2k. now stop arguing please, you're filling my email with useless comments.....
Old 01-25-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by rob-2,Jan 25 2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe I'll just add my two cents.

The amount of arguing is getting pretty close to IOwnaRicerCivic.com forums. Let's try to avoid that shall we?

Jordan stop being a troll. Buy the lights and compare for us if you wont listen to reason.
So me being a member, and him being a sponsor automatically makes me the troll? Since when was having an open mind and not passing immediate judgement deamed as trolling?

I've never once said that the AP1 projectors are bad, they're great. But the only circle that conciders them the best out there is this one and the civic fan boys.

I refuse the title, im in no way a troll. JS2K is a troll, trolling around spitting lies about anything that might compete with his product and trying to pass pictures with 30+ second exposures as "evidense".
Old 01-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 12:29 PM
I've never once said that the AP1 projectors are bad, they're great. But the only circle that conciders them the best out there is this one and the civic fan boys.

I refuse the title, im in no way a troll. JS2K is a troll, trolling around spitting lies about anything that might compete with his product and trying to pass pictures with 30+ second exposures as "evidense".
How are you not a troll when tons of projector and retrofit experts agree that the S2000 projector is one of the best, among the top 5 OEM low beam only projectors made?
My first search result: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread...jectors-to-date
You are the one spreading misinformation and lies.

There you go with another assumption about exposure times.
Here are the settings for this picture.
Shutter: 0.017 sec.
F-Stop: f4.0
Focal Len: *27 mm
ISO Rating: 800
Not even a tenth of a second.

Anyways, I'm done. For a forum filled with lighting experts, hidplanet.com is where it's at. They'll only confirm what I've been saying in this thread.

_________
Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Jordam, I think you should either buy a set and do a write up or stop defending them out of hand.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Can we go ahead and shut this down? I can see there's no convincing this guy, and his claims and arguments are getting more outlandish.
Sorry for any issue I may have caused. I don't like to make a scene, but I don't like to be told I'm wrong. I also hate the spread of misinformation.

_________

Quick Reply: Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights