S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights

Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It would be nice if Honda sold replacement lens for the lights. The Florida sun clouds them after years of exposure, and buffing is only a temp fix. I need to spend 1000 on new lights to keep them looking new like the rest of my car.

Sigh.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I didn't think it was a pointless argument. I'm just trying to stop misinformation. Brightness isn't subjective. You can objectively determine brightness.
In any case, I rest my case. There are no stones left unturned.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Until you order a set, its not fair to assume they're crap or awesome. We can only assume they're a copy of the S2K projector and just as good. Until you prove otherwise you just sound desperate.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Jan 25 2011, 08:34 AM
Look, Jordan has been on the board for 59 days, he's got to be an expert on S2000s by now, right?
All its means is I'm less entrenched in the biase of owning one for X amount of years. If anyone is going to take an opinion seriously, it should be that of an impartial mediator, not someone trying to sell his AP2 lense kits. I am not selling these cheap headlights and I have nothing to gain from knocking them or praising them. Jumping all over them and assuming their crap does a huge disservice to anyone who could potentially buy and benefit from them. Until otherwise is proven, I would defend the fact that they have the potential to be ok. Put me in my place, order a set, throw in some 4300K bulbs and photograph them in the same image as some OEM S2K headlights.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=Saki GT,Jan 25 2011, 08:40 AM] The fact of the matter is, there isn't much aftermarket because the stock HIDs are so good - there's no need.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that escalated rather quickly.

Look, Jordan is trolling hard here. He is providing no factual evidence, he is being argumentative and stubborn for the sake of arguing, and his entire arguement is based on logical fallacies.

JS2k, on the other hand, has kept a cool head and provided facts, along with about a scientific control as he can get with his examples as possible. He provided plenty of evidence for his side of the arguement. He has no vested interest in winning this arguement, except for the fact that he owns an S2000. Which is the same for Jordan.

JS2k is a well respected member of this community, I can vouch from personal experience in purchasing products from him, he is a man of his word. Furthermore, as most people already have stated in this thread, Jordan is wrong, JS2k is right. The arguement is over, we have a winner.

[QUOTE=JS2k.com,Jan 25 2011, 09:27 AM] I didn't think it was a pointless argument. I'm just trying to stop misinformation. Brightness isn't subjective.
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 11:37 AM
Until you order a set, its not fair to assume they're crap or awesome. We can only assume they're a copy of the S2K projector and just as good. Until you prove otherwise you just sound desperate.
So you're going to not make an assumption on their quality, but you're going to make an assumption on what they are?

_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 AM

Im not assuming anything, all we can do is look at them and make a judgement. Which is a whole lot of nothing. You cant say they're shit because its more probably that not, that if they're copying a headlight that was originally fitted with a projector that they would copy the low beam projector.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 11:39 AM
All its means is I'm less entrenched in the biase of owning one for X amount of years. If anyone is going to take an opinion seriously, it should be that of an impartial mediator, not someone trying to sell his AP2 lense kits. I am not selling these cheap headlights and I have nothing to gain from knocking them or praising them. Jumping all over them and assuming their crap does a huge disservice to anyone who could potentially buy and benefit from them. Until otherwise is proven, I would defend the fact that they have the potential to be ok. Put me in my place, order a set, throw in some 4300K bulbs and photograph them in the same image as some OEM S2K headlights.
I have nothing to gain either.

I don't sell S2000 projectors. Most people on here already have S2000 projectors on their S2000.

My diffusers have nothing to do with the light output of the projectors.

I state on my description of my HID bulbs as you add color, you lose brightness.

I never said the lights were crap. I said that almost all aftermarket projectors, save a few companies, however, are.

_________

Quick Reply: Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights