S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights

Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 12:16 AM
Argue as hard as you want, no matter what its a completely biased opinion you're trying to push to sell your own product, its unprofessional

I don't sell projectors on S2ki...

and you have yet to provide any physical reason as to why the shape and design is better.
I see no proof from you either. I don't need technical knowledge of projectors. I've shown proof of horrific pics of aftermarket projectors, and pics of some of the best OEM projectors.

Its all been completely subjective to taste re-enforced by photo's you've controlled.
okay, whatever you say buddy. A nice bright beam, wide angle, and colorful cutoff isn't ANY of the things people look for in a quality projector.

You're assuming these new headlights are cheap and have poor projectors because some other guys $85 civic headlights weren't any good.
Which one of my pics had a civic? I assumed nothing. You assumed I looked at a guy's $85 Civic projector headlights. Since you're so knowledgeable, please tell me exactly which aftermarket projectors are so amazing, so I can upgrade my S2000.

These are new, the manufacturer has the advantage of comparing all available HID projectors made up until this day and if he wanted to, he could make a perfect copy of the S2000 HID at no extra cost.
Okay, then, how much do S2000 projectors cost brand new? Oh wait, you can't buy them brand new. You can only buy the entire headlight. Used vs. New? Not apples to apples.
You're right, TRS has been working on S2000 replica projectors (They've also made copies of other ones). Your point?
Do you see TRS making Depo or ChinaAwesome head light replicas?
So why do they make the projectors so horrible then?

Your argument is pointless until you buy a set and do a controlled side by side experiment.
If you can't see the difference between good projectors and bad projectors, as I've clearly displayed, you're either blind, stupid, or stubborn.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 12:20 AM
It was more like 4-6 feet from a wall and its a very accurate way to take a photo.
I disagree wholeheartedly.
1. That's entirely too close to display the beam pattern... Since you sell retrofits, you should know how to take pics of projectors. Wait, no you don't.
2. Your driveway must be at an angle, as there is no light on the ground in front of the car.
3. The white balance is WAAAAY off. I see no blue or purple at all on the cutoff.
4. The picture is overexposed.
5. This pic wasn't shot in manual, so the camera is overcompensating for the bright light and making the beam pattern not crisp.
6. As shown above, this isn't a good picture to determine anything, other than you don't know how to take a picture.
7. That's not 4-6 feet. That's 3 feet at the most. I can SEE your car in the picture.

They are recently cleaned AP1 headlights with 4300K bulbs.
You also don't mention that your bulbs are 9 years old since you have a 2001. OOPS!

I'd challenge anyone else to take a similar picture without a tripod and a 10 second exposure.
10 second exposure. Coming from someone who took THAT picture wants to dictate camera settings? Okay 'expert', you forgot Fstop? You also failed to mention ISO?
Do you also want me to take a picture of the beam pattern at 1 foot?

If your goal is to sell accessories for the stock S2K headlights, obviously you're going to fabricate the worst photo's possible for the competitors and you're going to enhanse the appearance of the S2K headlights to bolster your argument.
I didn't fabricate any bad pictures for anything. The fact is, S2000 headlights are amazing. In fact, I TELL my customers that their light output will be slightly diminished.
Direct quote from my website:
As you go higher in the Kelvin scale, more color is visible in the light output, but the lumens decrease. Since these bulbs are only 1700K higher than stock, the light output is diminished only very slightly.
This is also why I only sell HID bulbs up to 6000K.
The S2K projectors are fine and all, but I'd actually say the halogens on my mark IV jetta are better.
HIDs in a 2011 Jetta. So Jordan, why would make something inferior? This is also 10 model years after the S2000.

Not enough evidence? Here's the oh so amazing beam pattern of your OEM halogen (non E code)MK4 Jetta.

Nuff said.

And no its not just my S2K. My dad has an 04' and his are exactly the same. I actually passed a newer TSX on the highway on my way home today and thought of this thread, his headlights were actually illuminating OVER my beams from 20-30' behind me.
Newer TSX = newer bulb
Newer bulb = brighter bulb.
TSX projectors are very good, so I don't doubt that could happen against 9 year old bulbs.

_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 02:20 AM
I'd challenge anyone else to take a similar picture without a tripod and a 10 second exposure.
Who in their right mind would take a 10 second exposure without a tripod?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-25-2011, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've dug your own grave J2K, you have yet to answer my original question partaining to geometry. All you have provided is anecdotal evidense based on bro-science and biased opinion. I posted my shitty picture as an example of how you can, or can not take a picture to sway the opinions of others with a camera vs fact. You think S2K headlights are the shit, I think they're mediocre. Maybe you should drive more cars. For a board sponsor you shouldnt feed into such pointless argument, but that is what you happen when you plug your junk.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Jan 25 2011, 10:13 AM
You've dug your own grave J2K, you have yet to answer my original question partaining to geometry.
Since you're so knowledgeable, answer your own question. I don't need to have any knowledge of geometry to know that S2000 projectors have great output.

All you have provided is anecdotal evidense based on bro-science and biased opinion.
How about we define anecdotal evidence?
Evidence in the form of an anecdote or hearsay is called anecdotal if there is doubt about its veracity; the evidence itself is considered untrustworthy.
In the court of law, this applies. In determining projector quality, no.
Anecdotal evidence in the form of pictures is just fine when comparing the light output of projectors.

I posted my shitty picture as an example of how you can, or can not take a picture to sway the opinions of others with a camera vs fact.
No, you showed us your 'shitty' picture as evidence on how S2000 projectors aren't good.

You think S2K headlights are the shit, I think they're mediocre.
Point? You've said you liked other projectors better, which I've provided pics of how bad their beam patterns are MK4 Jetta, Audi. With the exception of your vague statement about Acura projectors.

Maybe you should drive more cars.
Again, point? This has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

For a board sponsor you shouldnt feed into such pointless argument
I lend my bit of knowledge to the community. If there's misinformation, I'll challenge them on it.

but that is what you happen when you plug your junk.
Real mature, buddy.

You haven't addressed ANY of my comments that completely refute all of your arguments.

_________
Old 01-25-2011, 07:34 AM

Look, Jordan has been on the board for 59 days, he's got to be an expert on S2000s by now, right?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 AM

The fact of the matter is, there isn't much aftermarket because the stock HIDs are so good - there's no need. This is different from say a POS Civic and its halogen light assemblies. No sense in carrying on with this OT back and forth.

JS2k is a good sponsor with good products; there no need to bad mouth each other in the threads over a pointless argument anyway. I say both of you just drop it and get on with enjoying the car and its stock light assemblies.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You both sound like stubborn children fighting over whose pen writes prettier. So Jordan has his own opinion, so be it. As a sponsor, you've already done your part in explaining what you think of s2000 projectors, now you just sound like an immature sponsor who doesn't know a pointless argument...

Quick Reply: Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights