S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights

Old 01-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS2k.com,Jan 24 2011, 09:21 PM
THIS is the output from a 00-05 S2000 projector without ANY kind of obstruction.
i have a question...are both sides of the headlights suppose to line up so that it only looks like __/---- ? cause i notice on mine it kind of looks like they aren't lining up very well kind of like ___/--_/------ how can i fix this problem?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

That's right. In the pic, there is only 1 projector shining against the wall, which explains only 1 "Z" or notch.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bakalag,Jan 24 2011, 08:54 PM
dang JS2k I learned so much from you after this thread! haha
too much slacking at work.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol JS2K, please dont feed the troll

he's obviously not a retrofitter, nor does he know anything about s2k headlights

yeah bro, take a picture from 2 feet from the wall. That'll really show how good projectors are! LOL

i'm done here
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by GPWonTan,Jan 24 2011, 06:19 PM
JS2K, you need to stop arguing with the Jordan guy
You obviously pwn'ed him in this discussion. Just let him think whatever he wants.

BTW, I've always read the widest beam as the LS430 headlights... I assume they and the SC430 must be the same part then
actually, if memory serves me right, the SC430 and S2000 projectors perform quite similar

the LS430 is the king of single xenon projectors though

I've had a TSX retro and then an AP1 retro. AP1 > all projectors in the same SIZE-CATEGORY

LS430s are huge
Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 PM

Argue as hard as you want, no matter what its a completely biased opinion you're trying to push to sell your own product, its unprofessional and you have yet to provide any physical reason as to why the shape and design is better. Its all been completely subjective to taste re-enforced by photo's you've controlled.

You're assuming these new headlights are cheap and have poor projectors because some other guys $85 civic headlights weren't any good. These are new, the manufacturer has the advantage of comparing all available HID projectors made up until this day and if he wanted to, he could make a perfect copy of the S2000 HID at no extra cost. Your argument is pointless until you buy a set and do a controlled side by side experiment.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:18 PM

same reason there arent many s2k aftermarket short shifters ya silly noob
Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by SIchodelic,Jan 24 2011, 09:15 PM
lol JS2K, please dont feed the troll

he's obviously not a retrofitter, nor does he know anything about s2k headlights

yeah bro, take a picture from 2 feet from the wall. That'll really show how good projectors are! LOL

i'm done here
It was more like 4-6 feet from a wall and its a very accurate way to take a photo. They are recently cleaned AP1 headlights with 4300K bulbs. I'd challenge anyone else to take a similar picture without a tripod and a 10 second exposure. If your goal is to sell accessories for the stock S2K headlights, obviously you're going to fabricate the worst photo's possible for the competitors and you're going to enhanse the appearance of the S2K headlights to bolster your argument.

The S2K projectors are fine and all, but I'd actually say the halogens on my mark IV jetta are better. And no its not just my S2K. My dad has an 04' and his are exactly the same. I actually passed a newer TSX on the highway on my way home today and thought of this thread, his headlights were actually illuminating OVER my beams from 20-30' behind me.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 PM

LOL seems like this Jordan guy is really liking those eBay piece of crap headlights.
Maybe you work for them?

those headlights are fail.
Lets see how long those LEDs will last before they burn out. O and don't forget that moisture/water will get in the headlights.

if you can't afford a OEM replacement headlight, do yourself a favor and sell your s2000, go buy a Civic or a car that will fit your budget incase your headlights (or any other parts) get damaged.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 PM

Jordan, me being a former ClubRSX member, would like to direct you there to check out the most popular projs used there by a member Todd, he's a retrofitter.

I'm not taking sides, but perhaps once you check out that site, you would know why s2ker's take better care of their projs than their balls

Quick Reply: Why are there no aftermarket S2K headlights