S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why is Honda Afraid?

Old 02-19-2003, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am assuming that the "right way" is NA. I can respect that. But why is everyone so anti turbos and superchargers? Is there something that I am missing here? I've never heard the 1996 300ZX TT being considered "low tech". It produced 300 hp, plain and simple. Even Porsche has a Turbo and they make better engines than Honda the last time I checked. And I have never heard a Porsche owner dogging out the GT2 calling it "low tech". Everybody I know thinks that the GT2 is the coolest car Porsche has our right now.

And I am not comparing Porsche to Honda, I am only questing the idea of turbos being low-tech and not appreciated.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:14 PM

I'm still wondering what happened to all the midgets that honda is afraid of??? xviper is claiming widgets driven by midgets are going to be the end of all of us. Should we send them to iraq? They are merely theoretical so it couldn't hurt.

Has anybody done so much acid or so many shrooms that what I just said made sense to them?

If it did. PM me. WE COULD HAVE A NEW INNOVATION!
Old 02-19-2003, 12:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by tapout2000
xviper is claiming widgets driven by midgets are going to be the end of all of us.
HEY! I was speaking only of widgets and doohickeys. You're the one who brought up midgets. What's next? Dwarf tossing?
Come on! Get with the program and keep the analogy straight, will ya?
Old 02-19-2003, 12:19 PM

P.S. THIS THREAD IS FULL OF OPINIONS. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS AND ASSHOLES. THEY BOTH SMELL REAL BAD AND YOU NEED TO WIPE THEM.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Even Porsche has a Turbo and they make better engines than Honda the last time I checked. And I have never heard a Porsche owner dogging out the GT2 calling it "low tech". Everybody I know thinks that the GT2 is the coolest car Porsche has our right now.
It really depends on what "better" means to you; but, in my opinion you haven't checked in awhile. Honda engines are more efficient, put out less emissions, and are far more reliable than Porsche's engines.

Everybody you know thinks the GT2 is the "coolest" Porsche out right now? Coolest?? Maybe you and your friends just aren't acquanited with the classic 959 or the new Carerra GT. Both of those, in my opinion, greatly surpass the GT2 in cool factor.

It is apparent that cool to you, and your friends, means which ever car has the most horsepower.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastinupe1
[B]I am assuming that the "right way" is NA.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nastinupe1
[B]I am assuming that the "right way" is NA.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:49 PM

I am a fan of the 959 as well. And hp is not the ONLY thing I go by. The car's handling is a big factor as well as its' looks (Interior and Exterior). I do admit that hp and torque is important to me. I always liked the Miata. The most recent version with the ground effects with the tan leather is a nice car. It's interior is well appointed and it handles well, however, the main reason why I chose the S2000 over the Miata was becasue of power. The S2000 had 100 extra horses for the same price ( I was looking at a new fully loaded Miata ($26,000) and a used S2000 $27,900). The Miata even had larger tires, but it was the hp that made the difference in my decision.

I don't understand why so many individuals here get so upset when the issue of hp or torque comes up. You always get responses like "the car is perfect", "more torque will cause too much wheel spin", "more torque will cause too much oversteer", "you're an idoit", etc. My God, talk about hitting a sour note. Are the guys who are posing these overly negative flaming come back comments the same ones who paid over sticker for their car? If so, I guess that I'd be trying to defend paying that much for my car too. I paid $28,000 and would have been highly disappointed if I had paid $43,000 for my car. The S2000 is not a $43,000 car. Some things just aren't worth being the first on the block for. And I don't think that the S2000 will become a collector's item either, so you may want to give that up as well. There are already 20,000 in the US and they are not about to discontinue the car. In fact, there will be a new model coming out in October of 2004, which will really drop the value of our cars. So stop all this S2000 worshiping and check back into reality. The car is above average but could use some improvements, mainly in the power department... The bumpsteer could be taken care of as well.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by S2200
Do you understand the point, would you spend $50,000 more and if you wanted to have more power, you could use that extra 50k to buy turbo...
what a dumb comment. You could get a civic hatch to smoke a Z for $5,000. Why spend an extra $30,000 to get the Z. The NSX is in a class of its own, and actually finished less than a second behind a Z06 around laguna seca. That's pretty impressive for a car that has over 100hp less than a z06, wouldn't you say? A porsche 911 with a couple goodies on it is the same price as an NSX., the difference is you see 911s every single day where I live and an NSX maybe once a month. You may think i'm way off topic here, but this actually has alot to do with the original question posted. It's not all about power, and if you don't know that don't buy a honda. Honda is not only NOT afraid, but they have absolutely nothing to prove.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:15 PM

Dumb comment from a dumb person. Don't even bother to argue with him.

Quick Reply: Why is Honda Afraid?