S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why does everyone want to race me?

Old 05-15-2003, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the first night of ownership of my s2k led to getting reved on my a e46 m3, have a different e46 m3 do a ricer flyby on me and a corvette rev like a mad man at a stop light. will these people understand that this is not a dragcar?
Old 05-15-2003, 09:32 AM

I've owned 23 sportscars since 1978 and I've never experienced such a phenomenon as what this S2000 presents. I get revved on by every rust-bucket, fart-knocking, duct-taped rattle box from here to I-95. I can't figure out if it's a call to arms or do these kids actually think I'm Johnny Tran and they want another shot at the "Honda 2000." BWHAHAHA
Regardless, it's amusing sometimes and annoying most of the time. Just because I style my car to give off a vibe, that doesn't mean I want to play ringleader for these freshly-laminated hot to the touch licensed newbies by following them (or leading them, if you will) through three lanes of drive-time traffic or worse, street racing past a day care center. The "tuned" cars around here (of which there are few) recognize the "breed" of Honda and show genuine respect and "thumbs up" but it's the kids with the Auto-Zoned and Pep-Boyed boo-yaas that cause the most trouble...and this is Vermont for pete's sake. I can only imagine how it would be where some of you guys live. It's nice to see an S2000 play a major role in a movie about cars but there sure seems to be a flip side to the coin. Blame the F&F I guess and it surely isn't going to improve over the next few months.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:49 AM

When I fisrt purchased mine, it seemed like every Mustang wanted to run with me. Either it's died down, or I've simply ignored them since them. I don't really notice it as much.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:59 AM

I just tell the mustang owners to lose some weight, gain some power and then meet me at the track. Not that I haven't smoked a few just to make their girlfriends laugh at them...
Old 05-15-2003, 10:17 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

I think it's the design...we all just look too good...like we're goin fast standing still......damn i love my s2k

lol
fltsfshr
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fltsfshr
[B]I think it's the design...we all just look too good...like we're goin fast standing still......damn i love my s2k

lol
Old 05-15-2003, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by 2Ting

hot damn....we do look fast...even standing still....I agree.....
Yes we do look fast.....I once had an old man who was walking on the sidewalk
yell at me "slow down" when I came around a corner, I was going 20 mph!
My son was with me and took a look at the speedometer before I did and said "dad were only going 20mph" I told him "well we must look like were going fast!"
Old 05-15-2003, 11:52 AM

Around here in Ashburn VA, most annoying are Mustang and VW Golf drivers.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:39 PM

VW GTI drivers and Neon drivers are the worst! But I can't lie, I am LOOKING for a Neon SRT to kill so he can go home and cry. If he beats me, I won't care anyway.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:03 PM

Good Evening:

I owned a Laser RS '90, a Stealth ES '93 (the el cheapo one) and now a S2k...

On the Laser some people wanted to race me, one guy on the highway started hitting the breaks to see if I hit him to either sue me or collect insurance. One guy on a Mitsu 3kGT got pissed when I passed him, so he passed me back and kept going, I'll let him go (the car was showing its age at that time, I had it for 10 years).

On the Stealth, which my wife drove, she had a lot of people trying to show off and "race" with her, she ignored them. One time a bus cut us out and ran us out of the road on the highway, I guess it was attack of jealousy of sorts.

So yeah, you get nasty people with inferiority complex that gets the kicks out of doing those things.

Well...

I just have the S2K for two days, already got dragged raced by a lady on an Alero (I kept near by to prove "my point" though, and another one with an Mercedes SLK.

Just be a polite safe driver, that usually drives them mad .

Kind Regards,

Luis

Quick Reply: Why does everyone want to race me?