S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why does everyone hate the s2k?

Old 07-29-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay I must add you guys are right about not letting it get to you. and I dont really... I wouldnt trade my car for their cars or anything like that for sure. Its just that I have NEVER been the one to brag or look down on anyone for what they do or dont have so I guess this was just kind of a "what the hell is with this world" thread. but overall it looks like most of you are getting nothing but good comments and on top of that I saw some dude lookin up and down my car today at a stop light haha. So I guess someone out here appreciates it a little.

oh and the guy with the vw or skyline questions.... its the vw
Old 07-29-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trump26901,Jul 28 2007, 08:47 PM
sux buddy. Over in philly I only hear nice comments about my car (totally stock too). I always find it funny when I happen to pull by a cop and he compliments my car (has happened three or four times).

I"m sure I"m a little biased, but I would say anyone talking down about the S is just jellous. I get a smile every day on my daily commute thanks to mine and that is really all that matters.

same here
Old 07-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Jealousy, my friend. Jealousy.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n3ok318,Jul 28 2007, 10:42 PM
i get nothing but compliments in seattle
Old 07-29-2007, 05:42 PM

I get nothing but compliments about mine. At the last car meet I went to almost everyone came up and asked who owned the s2k and were talking to me about how much they love those cars, etc.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 PM

As far as stoplight and highway racing is concerned, the S in near stock form really IS slow... and I think that is why people look down on it. It's a 14 second car that most owners can not drive well so it's more like a mid 14 second car.

The type of people that talk crap about the s2k are people that are into drag/highway straight line racing. There is nothing wrong with this type of racing, but the S2k is a pure sports car yet it cannot really hang in this department with any well modded car in it's class. As far as pure sports car owners go - they all love the S but they are into cars for a different reason.

Just buy a turbocharger and be done with it. The first EVO that I beat gave me a HUGE smile - felt great to give the lip back to them in the form of a black rubber fist in their behind. After I put my new GT30 in and retune next week I'll be slapping Z06's around. It feels great to be the underdog
Old 07-29-2007, 10:34 PM

your friends are a buncha deuschbags(sp?) anyways. i admire almost all cars. i dont hate on cars, i just hate the stupid ass owners
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned
Banned

"everyone" do not know how to drive manual and can not fit into the car or get comfortable, plus can not handle it ridiculously awesome power in VTEC status mode!!! haha
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM

If people can't respect you for what car you choose to drive, and what mods you decide to do than those people shouldn't be your friends.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by afwfjustin,Jul 29 2007, 11:19 PM
As far as stoplight and highway racing is concerned, the S in near stock form really IS slow... and I think that is why people look down on it. It's a 14 second car that most owners can not drive well so it's more like a mid 14 second car.

The type of people that talk crap about the s2k are people that are into drag/highway straight line racing. There is nothing wrong with this type of racing, but the S2k is a pure sports car yet it cannot really hang in this department with any well modded car in it's class. As far as pure sports car owners go - they all love the S but they are into cars for a different reason.

Just buy a turbocharger and be done with it. The first EVO that I beat gave me a HUGE smile - felt great to give the lip back to them in the form of a black rubber fist in their behind. After I put my new GT30 in and retune next week I'll be slapping Z06's around. It feels great to be the underdog
whats the cheapest i can get a S/C for? I was looking at getting new wheels, but if it falls around the same price range...I may change my mind.

Quick Reply: Why does everyone hate the s2k?