S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why does everyone hate the s2k?

Old 07-29-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ive gotten more compliments then disses, but i still get the occasional shit talkers at the light, i just smile at them its not worth my time
Old 07-29-2007, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went out test driving a bunch of cars yesterday and was again reminded how different and amazing the s2k is. the truth is that most people haven't driven one and you really have to drive it right to realize how incredible it is. but i agree with you, it's annoying to hear crap about it from loads of people.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Money,Jul 28 2007, 11:16 PM
Hey guys, anyone ever think your cars a piece of crap because they think its a honda miata?. Is it just the retards around me or what? I get the comments all the time from tuners and such. some dude with an r32 acted like my car was a slow pos and was laughing at s2ks and i was like uhh dude thats my car. His car was stock and he knew nothing about even his.

Recently my buddy wanted to bring his car over to my house (its not running) but wanted to park it in the garage. I live in a somewhat high theft area (cars already been stolen from out infront of my house over night). and someone called my friend and said "dude your friend wont park his s2000 outside so you can park your car (240sx) in the garage? haha thats gay."

what the hell? is the s2k any lesser than the r32 or 240sx? all the guys I hang with look down on the s2000 for one reason or another. I somewhat think its a good thing so people dont do crap to it in jealousy or anything like that....but I just stupid or something and think my car is better than an r32...or a half way complete 240sx with an sr20 swap??? what the hell???

well any comments like that going your way??
It's got to be either the place you live, or the company you keep.

Here in central Georgia the S2000 gets nothing but respect. I've had competitors at the shows gripe because I was given trophies they thought should have been theirs, but that's just sour grapes and doesn't really count.

Frankly I think you're worrying too much about what others think. You own a specialty car that was never intended for the masses, so you shouldn't expect mass acceptance.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:55 PM

I've yet to get anything negative thrown my way. I'll get some mild ribbing "ricer - but at least its RWD" - but its all been in good fun. This car is hard not to like.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM

most of my friends like it, but i chose the car, not them. I dun give a crap what they think. I got this car cuz it was something different from what i had before (mustangs since i was 15) and wanted something that didn't handle like a tank. I'll admit that it's not fast in the straight line by any means compared to my old saleen, but it's a blast to drive. Plus i like saying "sorry man, my car's a two seater, we have to take ur car cuz it seats more"
Old 07-29-2007, 02:55 PM

your friends are funny. they expect you to park your s2k outside just to let his 240 go inside the garage? lol
Old 07-29-2007, 03:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi i am jason and i think you need some new friend

j/k

Yeah, the current honda hating thread is pretty hit right now

i guess it really depends on how you take it though, there's always people hating because it's expensive, cheap, fast, slow, big, small, pretty, ugly, gay, non-gay, etc

after a while it doesn't even get to me anymore. well, you know i don't have much sensitivity about my car since i drive a gay miata, which i loved dearly.

don't let them get to you I actually get alot more love from random people, i got a short chat with a kragen clerk yesterday about my car, he's not into honda but older american car. which is kind of cool.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:20 PM

i live near chicago and have never heard anyone say anything bad to my face about the s2k. Usually people ask if i want to sell it to them. get some new friends. if they are giving you shit for not letting them park THEIR car in YOUR garage (regardless if your car is "better" or not), they are selfish bitches and no one needs people like that in their lives

side note: where is the link to the thread where someone shit their pants in someone s2k? lol
Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ooalloems2koO,Jul 29 2007, 03:30 AM
just lookin at you being frustrated over people's comments about S

you suddenly are not qualified to own one

sell it
dude not to be a dick or anything cause your not a bad guy. not all your posts are like this. but dont be a douch. I here this kind of comment all the time and its possibly the worst advice I ever see. My post said nothing about "everyone says a 240 is better than an s2000 so it must be true" I simply was curious about what everyone elses experiences may be. thats all.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont see why it cares, people who hate on your car like that are not good friends

the r32 is a cool car, its slow, but it sounds awesome, also it holds its value super well

i get cool comments and a few bad ones

yesterday i was driving and some girl at a light asked me how i liked having "daddy's car for the day?"

i smiled and ignored her

some people ask me what type of civic it is

others think its something exotic, others still ask me what i'm running under the hood, someone asked if i liked the V10 and if it was fast

people are interesting when it comes to cars, personally, i like most cars and try to understand where people are coming from

Quick Reply: Why does everyone hate the s2k?