S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why does everyone hate the s2k?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure they are kidding

if not, they are just jealous rats
Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh well - I have noticed that people who bad mouth the S2K tend not to be too car savvy, after all. So, It really doesn't matter what they think.
Besides, It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks - We know what the S 2000 is capable of!
Granted there might be other cars that could smoke the S2K on a straight line for the same money if not slightly more - But getting from point A to B is not always the most important thing - You always don't need a sports car to acheive that - Just some 80 shot of Nitrous would do that trick, I guess.
There's more to an S2K than just speed - It's roller coaster handling, tossability in corners, rock solid honda reliability, the list goes on - But I am sure the people who speak bad of teh S2K are too dumb or just too jelous to start discussing all that...
Cheers!!
--njexpress
Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Angelus1243,Jul 28 2007, 10:12 PM
I usually get praise about the car. The only people I know who talk smack about it are people that drive some POS or people that know absolutely NOTHING about cars.

It's funny, one of those people who dissed my car, calling it girly and gay, used to drive a freakin Miata. Now my "girly car" has the same hp as his new Eclipse, with 2 less cylinders, way sexier curves and handling that would leave his Mitsubishi tank in the dust through the curves.
Eclipses are probably bigger chick cars than miatas. Your friend is gayer than aids, you should be careful
Old 07-29-2007, 11:22 AM

If you buy a car for any other reason than what you want and you like you bought it for the wrong reason. Who cares what others think. I get some of my friends calling the S a girlie car some are poking fun and others mean it. I could care less.

Swiftoy
Old 07-29-2007, 11:36 AM

People suck. thats why i have a 2 seater
Old 07-29-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell them to bring their r32/turbo civic/whatever else to the dragon and try to keep up with you. I have run the Dragon with several tuner cars. I am a decent driver and was running R-comps, but they stood no chance of keeping up. Our car wasn't meant to be a drag car.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

I get that too, but it's usually from enthusiasts who don't know much about cars. True blue enthusiast usually have more pliable criticism like it doesn't match my preferred driving dynamic because they prefer more torque down low, etc etc, but it isn't an actual diss.
I got a friend a nice rps13 with a redtop and some nice mods, let's just say he wouldn't mind trading.
And are we talking about an r32 skyline or vw? Both are fantastic cars but it would be like me going up to that skyline and saying what an overweight piece of junk, if it weren't for that engine that car would be pointless. But that'd be ignorant of me, just like how them folks are just being ignorant.
One of my good friends (also an enthusiast) doesn't like the s2k, but understands its intended purpose and also understands that it wasn't suppose to appease his interests.
Anyway, back to the 240, being an ex 240sx with sr owner I will say that the 240 is a fantastic car, but not so much so for me to snob the s2000.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I've come across many haters.

"you're a ricer"
"Hondas are gay"
"s2k is a girl's car"
"the only honda i would touch is a dirt bike"
"s2k's are slow as hell"
"s2ks aren't good on the track either"
"you wasted your money"
"your car sucks"
"s2k's have no torque"
"s2k's are ugly"

Yes I've heard all of these and more. Let's just say I have strong patience with people lol.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

someone in a beat-up, 1970s dodge ram pickup with a load of crap in the bed pulled up next to me and asked if i "couldn't go any ****ing faster? i know it's a Honda so it's a piece of shit, but couldn't you go any faster? japanese piece of shit..."
Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i think the next time i have an encounter i'm going to shoot back very offensive insults that have nothing to do with the other person's car. just because i'm tired of their BS

Quick Reply: Why does everyone hate the s2k?