S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why do the White and Yellow S2000s look so good?

Old 10-10-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do the White and Yellow S2000s look so good?

I would be happy with any color S, but for some reason the Yellow ones, and the White ones really grab my attention. The Blue ones also look great.

What do people like about the black and silver and charcoal ones? They are fine and all, just a bit boring. Interestingly, thats about all i see for sale.

Also...
How often does some big SUV change into your lane without seeing you?
Are S2000s kind of invisible to trucks? Is that a good reason to get a yellow one?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:29 AM

white, yellow, and red are my favs.!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnR_in_la,Oct 10 2005, 11:38 AM
I would be happy with any color S, but for some reason the Yellow ones, and the White ones really grab my attention. The Blue ones also look great.

What do people like about the black and silver and charcoal ones? They are fine and all, just a bit boring. Interestingly, thats about all i see for sale.

Also...
How often does some big SUV change into your lane without seeing you?
Are S2000s kind of invisible to trucks? Is that a good reason to get a yellow one?

but still putting suit on..
Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

silverstone is faster...but don't tell thats a secret amoung silverstone owners
Old 10-10-2005, 09:35 AM

It's all a matter of preference. I happen to like black cars so I wanted a black s2k.

Here in the DC area it's not just SUV's that move into your lane randomly. Everyone does, so it's really just a matter of watching the other cars.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:38 AM

I'm gonna pass on the temptation to say something like, "It's all tied to an age related fixation that has been documented by psychological perception tests as showing that White and Yellow are the most often chewed crayolas in the set. After kids get age past three or so, they begin to appreciate more sophisticated colors like Silverstone."

That unsaid, the thing about white being more visible is interesting. One would think that the less frequently you see a particular color, the more it would stand out when you do see it. That certainly works for yellow, IMO. However, white is pretty much the most common auto color on the road (probably because of fleet purchases).

With white, my theory is that the shape of the S2 is conducive to white. While I would not (and did not) buy another white car (I've had two, in the past), I have to admit to harboring some strange appreciation of how it looks on the S2.

While some cars look great in black, I don't get it for the S2. No matter how clean or polished, black S2s look to me like they are staff cars for the DEA.

While I'm at it, I owned a red Fiat X 1/9 many years ago. After getting stopped while cruising across the Nevada desert, the patrolman walked up with mirrored glasses and said, "That car looks like it is going 120 miles an hour just sittin" there". That was pretty much the end of red cars for me.

Suzuka Blue is one of the better colors, in my book. If it had come with a black interior, it would have been a toss up with the Silverstone.

I think the US colors for the S2 are pretty basic, notwithstanding the F1 track adjectives. White, Black, Red, Silver, (Great looking Silver), Blue and Yellow; not alot of imagination there.

If you want to be seen by brain dead drivers, get yellow or red (I'm not convinced that even a white S2 gets around the fact that most cars on the road are white).

If you want to be seen by brain dead drivers, but not get the immediate attention of ticket writers, get Silverstone or silver.

If you want to be ignored by many drivers, get black (I couldn't resist that).

Whatever you get, run your headlights on during the day.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I like bright colors on sports cars
Old 10-10-2005, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Calric,Oct 10 2005, 10:29 AM
white, yellow, and red are my favs.!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:53 AM

you are the man.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:33 AM

Bright colored cars are easier to see, so technically silver would be the easiset to spot . White and yellow would be harder since its a darker hue. However, since yellow is a more rare color you'll spot it easier in a crowd in the daytime. At night, thats a different story compared to silver

Quick Reply: Why do the White and Yellow S2000s look so good?