S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Who is daily driving the S2k?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it's a good wake-up for me in the morning, and something to look forward to driving after school/work.

stop and go sucks, but i can handle it.

no one's mentioned the a/c, but i like it a lot. better than the rx8's a/c..

i can never resist hitting vtec in 2nd or 3rd gear on the highway. i just can't..
Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been dailying mine for two months now, i was puting a k series in my hatch so it made my s the temporary DD. but now im thinking about boosting the s2k and selling off the k parts lol. i love mine!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by iam7head,Jul 27 2009, 11:36 PM
3.5 years and counting

12k coilover all around

racing bucket seat

100miles everyday in socal traffic
you are ftw
Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonybell_57,Jul 27 2009, 06:30 PM
Are you sure it's bone stock? As others have said, on stock S2000s, vtec kicks in a little over 6k rpms. I have an ap2 ('05) and vtec kicks in at 4k rpm if I'm wot, or 6200 when driving normally. That is ONLY because I'm running an eManage Ultimate that was tuned that way.

To the OP, I have driven 2 ap2s as DDs for the last 5 years. 21k miles on my '04 (previous) and 58k on my '05 (current). I'm top down unless it's storming, 35 deg F or below, or roasting hot.
Yup, bone stock. I only got it a month ago. Perhaps the engine management on the Canadian cars are different, who knows. I'll keep mine stock until the warranty runs out. Canadian Honda dealers won't touch a car thats had anything done to the engine management, engine, or emissions systems. Once I hit 100k kms (60k miles), then I'll do some mods. But I've got a loooong way to go. Enjoying every second of it though. Can't believe that a car made such a difference to my life.
Now, if I could figure out a way to comfortably sleep in my S, and the address of a clean public toilet and showers, then I'd have it made for a few years!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 12:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MugenShitFTW,Jul 25 2009, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the reviews guys,

These car are obviously so much fun to drive!

How is it like sitting in traffic in one of those? someone told me that the low stance of the car makes it annoying in traffic and you can't see around SUVs, anyone know about this and being a tight car somehow inside, anyone knows about this?
You need to pay attention when at stoplights, many times you can't see the lights ahead of you so have to duck your head or look for light/reflections to see your signal...unless you stop farther back than you would in your Accord.
Additional side mirrors (the 1 inch circles or so) help with blind spots/lane changes, 1 on each side. Definitely need to stay alert...I just keep ahead of traffic when possible I agree with the poster that said it's agile in traffic, make you comfortable because you can maneuver well.
Tight car inside...got used to it, just need to stay organized.
For long trips, you may need a back pillow. I need one whenever going on 4+ hour trips due to the position of the seat.
Maintenance wise, speaking from the last 3 years / 90,000+ miles (156K total)...just add gas (and oil)
Get one - you'll love it.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:22 AM

just got an 08 CR to replace my 00 ap1. daily drove my ap1 for almost 4 years including 3 winters. balding RE050 rear tires in one winter, new rs-2 rears in another winter and then all season the last winter.

it should be easier/nicer with the CR in winter this time. the cold of those 10*F days just penetrate the soft top like nothing. plus with the plastic window i had to use the center vents to melt the ice off it from the inside.

with the hardtop i will be in relative comfort this summer.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tuanster,Jul 24 2009, 12:50 PM
Been daily driving mine for 3 an half years and loving everyday of it. I can't wait to drive it in the morning and always looking forward to the drive home.... but then again I only work 4 miles from home. That explain why I only got 13,892 miles on mine odometer.
yea i am the same way.... i have only had mine for about a month now, but i feel that giddiness every morning when i go outside to leave for work; like a kid on Christmas morning. the only downside for me is i only live 2 lights down from my job, so just as im starting to enjoy the ride, its over.
but im not that mad..... keeps the miles down.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tanikins07,Jul 24 2009, 03:38 PM
Been DD mine for over a year now and my only complaint is when I have to park it somewhere (just about anywhere other than my driveway) I have to constantly worry about ppl dinging it up. =\
yea what is it with the S? i have never owned a car before in my life where people will go out of their way to park next to you (and it seems) just to ding your door. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM

wtf is that about
Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 PM

I been DD'ing my S for nearly 3 years. Winters sometimes suck in Colorado and I think this might be my first year getting some actual snow tires. Never had any problems with it other than that. Love my car.

Quick Reply: Who is daily driving the S2k?