S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Where to go from here?

Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reborn56,May 3 2007, 07:05 PM
Damn your car sounds like it shoulda been the new CR
AS far as more mods
Ever consider wire tucking?
GL with your car whatever you do Justin

Marcus
Hey Marcus!

The new CR? My car is way too mod'd for Honda to use it as a CR. Maybe for a new NSX.

What is this "wire tucking"? Is it a car show thing?

Justin
Old 05-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you can call it that.
I dont really know its background of it maybe someone who knows can chime in on it.
But what i do know is that guys usually do this so the engine bay can look alot cleaner, basically hide all your wires inside your engine bay.

Marcus
Old 05-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Justin,,get that thing in next years SEMA...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Reborn56,May 3 2007, 07:11 PM
I guess you can call it that.
I dont really know its background of it maybe someone who knows can chime in on it.
But what i do know is that guys usually do this so the engine bay can look alot cleaner, basically hide all your wires inside your engine bay.

Marcus
Nice!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is your goal exactly?

1) If you plan on road-racing it (which is what I would recommend), get rid of all the ICE and consider putting in a custom 6-pt or higher rollcage. This means you'll need a 5-pt or higher harness. 4-pt is useless. You've got Toyo RA-1s already which will get better use at the track than on the street. If you think you will have difficulty controlling the car due to power (which you certainly will), you should consider spending money on better coilovers like the ASM-spec Sachs coilovers (only cost you $10,000) and other suspension mods that will further stiffen the chassis to match your hp. And then track it (you'll need lots of high-performance driver's education courses).

2) If you're just building your car for shows and magazine covers, add an interesting widebody kit with wide wheels and you could probably call it a day.

3) If you want to try your hand at drifting, a lot of the recommendations are the same as #1 except you'll need to find a drifting school (not sure if that even exists). And you'll need a different suspension setup and tires geared towards drifting.

4) If you want to build an all-out drag-racer, PM greenlight

5) If you want to autox, you'll need to ditch your turbo for ITBs instead. Again, see recommendation #1.

6) If you're just building a dyno-queen, build up the motor better, use race fuel, and aim for 600-hp.

With a clear goal, you'll know exactly what you need to do and do it well. Otherwise, you will flounder and not achieve any of the above 6 goals.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ENTHRALLED,May 3 2007, 07:11 PM
Justin,,get that thing in next years SEMA...
I am going to start submitting articles to all the tuner magazines. I shouldn't have a problem getting into mags seeing as how I have one of the only turbocharged MY06 S2000s. I also plan on having it shown at car shows, but of course it won't be "prestine" and won't win any of those related competitions.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:23 PM

For a little over $60k (30 for car, 30 for mods), you could have gotten a Z06. Then again, I don't understand the import tuning scene that well..

Good luck to you though!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by medicalstudent,May 3 2007, 07:16 PM
What is your goal exactly?

1) If you plan on road-racing it (which is what I would recommend), get rid of all the ICE and consider putting in a custom 6-pt or higher rollcage. This means you'll need a 5-pt or higher harness. 4-pt is useless. You've got Toyo RA-1s already which will get better use at the track than on the street. If you think you will have difficulty controlling the car due to power (which you certainly will), you should consider spending money on better coilovers like the ASM-spec Sachs coilovers (only cost you $10,000) and other suspension mods that will further stiffen the chassis to match your hp. And then track it (you'll need lots of high-performance driver's education courses).

2) If you're just building your car for shows and magazine covers, add an interesting widebody kit with wide wheels and you could probably call it a day.

3) If you want to try your hand at drifting, a lot of the recommendations are the same as #1 except you'll need to find a drifting school (not sure if that even exists). And you'll need a different suspension setup and tires geared towards drifting.

4) If you want to build an all-out drag-racer, PM greenlight

5) If you want to autox, you'll need to ditch your turbo for ITBs instead. Again, see recommendation #1.

6) If you're just building a dyno-queen, build up the motor better, use race fuel, and aim for 600-hp.

With a clear goal, you'll know exactly what you need to do and do it well. Otherwise, you will flounder and not achieve any of the above 6 goals.
Thanks for your inputs bro! Here are my responses:

1. I really don't have a whole lot of ICE to get rid of. My car is pretty gutted right now. I will need a roll cage though, because with the power it will make, and the times it should run in the 1/4 mile, a full roll cage will be required. I do plan on adding a fifth harness to my 4-point harness. I do not have RA-1s at this point--I have RT-615s and plan on getting RA-1s. Concerning coilovers, there is no way I'd spend $10K on them. $3K max.

2. With all due respect, I haven't found a widebody kit that I like, which is why I am piecing together my aero mods.

3. I have no desire to drift the car.

4. I don't plan on building an all-out drag car.

5. I have no interest in autocrossing--I tried it a couple of times, did one road racing event and knew I'd never go back to autocrossing.

6. I am not trying to build a dyno queen.

Evidently I do not have a clear goal and will continue to flounder until a clear objective is achieved.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by addisonc,May 3 2007, 07:23 PM
For a little over $60k (30 for car, 30 for mods), you could have gotten a Z06. Then again, I don't understand the import tuning scene that well..

Good luck to you though!
Your response is pretty common. In the tuning scene, it doesn't matter if you spend $30K or $100K on a car--chances are you will mod it in one way or another. Sure, a $100K car should require less money to mod, but it isn't a guarantee.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow.. all that on a MY06 huh? where the pics at? i wanna see some pics of that engine bay

on a side note, how do you like the Ground Controls / Koni Yellows setup? i am thinking about changing my springs and im looking into the ground controls.

Quick Reply: Where to go from here?