S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

When Will The S2000 Sell For Invoice?

Old 02-26-2002, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by darkknight1999
We got ours for 29,900 with outside financing, no trade in. $314 over invoice isn't to bad in my book.

Oh...lucky MA people.

Old 02-26-2002, 02:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Utah S2K
[B]Don't worry about the price of the car!!!!!

The dealer makes his real money on your trade in and financing. If someone says ya-deya I got it for MSRP....LOL and then ask did you pay cash? If they didn't then they got screwed by the dealer MSRP game......

Utah

Know before you go:
1) Financing
2) Trade in
Old 02-26-2002, 08:33 AM

Well, if you can get the car for about $300 over invoice in MA, then it is bound to be the same in CA eventually.

It's basically Econ 101: Supply and Demand.

Either Honda has to increase production or buyers must refuse to pay high premiums, or ideally both.

Does anyone know if Honda plans to increase production?

We, as consumers, must refuse to be price gouged. This will accelerate a more favorable market.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:23 AM

It won't happen. The demand for the car is still too high to get invoice. Only way to get it is to know someone that works at Honda.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:42 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it will sell for invoice when Japan ships 5000 PINK painted S2000s over!
Old 02-26-2002, 02:25 PM

You guys wanting to purchase cars at Invoice kill me, each dealer pays somewhere in the neighborhood of a million dollars (over time) to be able to purchase cars like that (-holdback). Then he brings the car to a place where you can look at it, has salespeople to answer your questions (ok, so they aren't very good most of the time, but they are someone you can bitch at when something goes wrong), has a service department for you to get your Honda warrantee work done, and it's worth nothing.

Sorry, I HATE people like that.

Do you work for free?

Whathe****ever

Andrew
Old 02-26-2002, 03:14 PM

Dealers are thieves... They will charge whatever folks are willing to pay... If they thought that they could get away with charging $20,000 over MSRP, they would... However, the fact that they only import 5,000 a year doesn't help; only makes the demand greater... Has anybody heard a rumor that final production of this model is 2002?
Old 02-26-2002, 03:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Black Beach
[B]
Old 02-26-2002, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 2kturkey
As soon as your government enacts some proper laws forbidding dealers to sell above MSRP - just like in Oz.
(a) a cap will do just that, artificially cap prices....but not lower them
(b) thank god we live in a free market economy where capitalism rules. I refuse to pay markups, but support sellers' rights to charge whatever price they see fit. Price controls can cause supply-demand imbalances and make the market less efficient.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by Black Beach
Dealers are thieves... They will charge whatever folks are willing to pay... If they thought that they could get away with charging $20,000 over MSRP, they would... However, the fact that they only import 5,000 a year doesn't help; only makes the demand greater... Has anybody heard a rumor that final production of this model is 2002?
[RANT]

First of all, take your 1 post and get the hell out with that attitude. Saying something as stupid as "Dealers are thieves" will get you nowhere fast, oh wait, I forgot, you know all dealers, forgive me .

Listen close. Most dealers have a checks and balances system, they sell econo cars for a little over invoice, and their hard to get cars for a premium, this keeps everything balanced so they can have this thing called a business. Now, lets suppose YOU are a dealer, you want to be fair, so you give everyone everything at invoice. Guess what? YOU CAN NO LONGER OPERATE A BUSINESS! Did you go to college? Secondly, anyone who knows ANYTHING about the car-business knows that the money is made on the used cars and trade-in's. Consider yourself schooled. I used to work for a dealer, I am no thief, as a matter of fact my personal integrity and code of ethics are considerably high. Wanna' make another statement like that, earn some respect first.

Only import 5,000 a year?

Forget any rumors, God won't know when the production will stop until Honda tells him.

Next

[/RANT]

Sorry CTHREE

Andrew

Quick Reply: When Will The S2000 Sell For Invoice?