S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What's the strangest/weirdest thing that happened to your while driving your S2000?

Old 01-10-2001, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if this question has come up, but I did a search on weird and strange and didn't see this topic.

I'm on the waiting list for an S2000 and have been checking out this forum lately, but rarely posting.

I'm just curious to see what kind of attention that I might encounter, since the S2000 (If everything falls into place) will be my first convertible.

I have a friend with the new MR2 spyder and he says that people have waved at him, asked him what kind of car it is, etc...

Also, have you guys experience any negative encounters? For instance, people yelling at you. For instance, you have your top down, and someone with a old Chevy pickup yells "RICE MOBILE" or any racial remarks.

Like I said, I'm just curious. I plan on using the S2000 as an everyday car.

Thanks...
Old 01-10-2001, 07:32 AM

You'll get plenty of stares...I haven't had anything negative happen yet, but you certainly have to be prepared for people looking at you. At the gas station, everyone stares, and some people honked their horns at me, and when stopped at an intersection, people will crane their necks to check out your car too.
Old 01-10-2001, 07:45 AM

The weirdest thing was when a guy chased me down, pulling out in front of other cars & almost causing a wreck, just to find out what kind of car I was driving.

On a recent trip to Houston, some kids in a van were rating cars that passed them. They flashed a sign that said "Hottie". LOL!
I also got several honks from 18 wheelers.

You'll get lots of honks, waves, kids yelling "cool car". LOTS of attention!

You'll get lots of attention!
Old 01-10-2001, 07:47 AM
SaV

One time I was cruising when a car with a group of girls suddenly goes side by side with me and matchs my speed. This isn't strange (I get it a lot), but the thing that weirded me out was when the back passenger rolls down the window and hangs herself out of the opening and politely asks,"Hi, how are you doing? What kind of car is that?"
Other than that, I get the usual stares, gasps, and the,"Damn, that guy is cute!"
Latez Yall!
Old 01-10-2001, 07:49 AM

Here's mine from the old post:

A few weeks after I bought the car some guy tried to get me to pull off the road.
Coming home from work on I-295 (center lane) around Richmond when a man pulls up next to me in the left lane in a biga** Mercury Grand Marquis - not a cop. He waves and motions for me to pull over. I then speed up and get away from him, then he speeds up and eventually passes me (cops, so I didn't speed too much). I switch to the right lane and he pulls in front of me, so all I see is this ugly ass FORD. I see my exit coming up, so I signal and get on the off-ramp, he sees me switch lanes and immediately jumps in front of me at the same time and hits the F**K*** BRAKES and slows to about 5 mph on the ramp and motions with his hand out the window for me to pull over. He pulls over, still waving, and I floor it, blasting away from him........I wasn't about to stop.

Old 01-10-2001, 07:54 AM

Originally posted by DeeGYM:
I'm not sure if this question has come up, but I did a search on weird and strange and didn't see this topic.

DeeGym: cool, what are you getting? and when will it arrive? mine is due in may.. silver/red. You should attend one of the dallas meets.. lots of fun.. next one is 1/19
Old 01-10-2001, 08:00 AM

S2SaV, I'm assuming your GF wasn't in the car that time...
Old 01-10-2001, 08:22 AM
SaV

Trust me Loki, I don't look at girls when my girlfriend is around. In fact, I speed up and Vtech when I see a girl eyeing me. Gotta be safe, you know?
Oh yeah, Loki! When are you going to show me some of your "backroads" in Marin. I really want to strecth my S out. Latez!
Old 01-10-2001, 08:34 AM

Insomniak: I'm on the waiting list for a white/red. I'm thinking about changing it to silver/red. Last week, I had a chance to get yellow, since 3 or 4 people on the list deferred, but I want to wait until August or Sept. to make my decision.

I've seen alot of S2000s in the D/FW area. Once spotted, it usually turns my head, well except two days ago. I was behind a new black 911 Turbo w/ aftermarket anthracite rims and I was just drooling over it. A few seconds later, a white S2000 (first time I didn't turn my head) passed and I was still in shock over the 911 Turbo.

I love Plano, TX sometimes. There are many awesome cars here: Diablos, Modenas, Maranellos, 911 TTs, NSXs, Vipers, and of course the S2000.

Later...
Old 01-10-2001, 09:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DeeGYM:
[B]
I love Plano, TX sometimes.

Quick Reply: What's the strangest/weirdest thing that happened to your while driving your S2000?