S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What's a good exhaust system to get?

Old 02-08-2002, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good exhaust system to get?

I was looking at the S2000 HKS Hiper exhaust... but a few people had told me that was a bad idea... so i wondering what kinda of exhaust everyone recommends. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:31 AM

*search*
Old 02-08-2002, 10:32 AM

it's whatever you feel is the best. everyone's opinions are different, so you don't necessarily have to listen to others.

what is it that you're looking for? sound (high pitch? more-bass? how loud can you take?)? look (very objective)? price? weight? note i'm not asking you about performance because the stock system is designed very well indeed and we've proven over the past two years that most exhaust systems don't give you significant gains in performance.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:37 AM

Neuspeed exhaust is a pretty loud deep sound. I've received many comments on how nice my car sounds, but I agree with the majority that the stock exhaust is well designed. My exhaust boosts performance by <0%. Yup that's right, negative.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:59 AM

Like they said,

It really depends on what you are looking for in an exhaust; performance, sound, or looks?

If it's performance, go for a single outlet exhaust. All of the duals that have been on the dyno show no significant increase in performance. Some of the duals do have a bit of a weight reduction such as the Mugen. The singles (or some of them) such as Spoon, J's N1, Amuse, Veilside, and Minuni have shown performance increases on the dyno. The singles also have a significant weight reduction such as the Veilside being only 6lbs.

Sound? From what I've read the singles are loud as hell. Search for details on each exhaust because I don't really have any info on any because I haven't heard any other than the stock exhaust.

Looks? Subjective but I think duals look better. But I also think the Amuse titanium burnt tip is the coolest looking exhaust out there.

My pick? I ordered a Veilside Titanium TearDrop Exhaust because of its price. $690 is the cheapest for an exhaust other than the Neuspeed, I think. But the Neuspeed is not made of titanium and it's 6lbs. I chose the Veilside because it's a single, it's titanium, it's lightweight, and it's relatively cheap.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by C-West S2K
If it's performance, go for a single outlet exhaust. All of the duals that have been on the dyno show no significant increase in performance.
I do not agree with this statement. Please show us that documentation to back it up.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by C-West S2K

If it's performance, go for a single outlet exhaust. All of the duals that have been on the dyno show no significant increase in performance.
do any of them

Just get whatever is in your budget and looks the best

I`m on my 4th and they have all been just about the same.

Ryan
Old 02-08-2002, 11:26 AM

call my lawyer...
Old 02-08-2002, 11:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vtecvoodoo
[B]

do any of them
Old 02-08-2002, 12:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

search

Quick Reply: What's a good exhaust system to get?