S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

what was your biggest fill up?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Froth.
I push the gas light almost every tank, not sure why...I generally fill up with 11.8-12.4ish gallons. I've run completely out twice(once in AP1 once in AP2) and neither time did it go over 12.7gal before the pump shut off.
i run my gas to zero every time too, and i rarely put more than half a tank in.

less gas = more fast!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sabre
had my car sputtering and almost die coming back from the metro area once. Was about 5:30 in the morning when I passed through one rural town and the gas station wasnt open yet, so I think "yeah, I might be able to push it a bit more"

about 3 miles from the next station the car nearly dies on an upward grade. Baby it to the flats, then punch it to gain speed and then coast as much as possible to the next station. Was about 10 till 6am then. They opened at 6 so I had to sit there for 10 minutes waiting.

aaaahhhhhh!! that picture sickened me.. I almost ran out at weekend. I squeezed in 49.9 liters and the car is a 50 liter tank.. In Ireland that cost me 109 dollars. thats converting my currency to us dollars...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Wow...you must be rich to have a car in Ireland!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow wtf someone beat me!

I dont want to go anywhere close to my record ever again, honestly was the scariest experience ever.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ya.. this is not a record anyone should try to beat lol I considered upgrading my fuel pump after it happened as a 'just incase.' I flooded the engine with gas a few times trying to get it started etc. Kept having to wait for the fuel to drain, try again etc. Was definitely bad news bears.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

This is going back some ways, but I recall at WTD in '04 I think, we went on a ride on the Cherehola Parkway. My gas light went on almost after about 15 minutes of the drive. I mentioned it on the radio and the response was 'Mine's been on for about 10 minutes already' - you'll be fine!

We stopped and I thought I took 13 + gallons, but maybe it was just around that and I've rounded it out over time I must have literally been sucking fumes regardless.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000ths
was at the track the other day and ran the car down to empty, no bars left. decided to go ten miles into town to get cheaper gas assuming i would easily make it. once the bars disappear you still have a gallon or two left, right? about a mile from the station i start sputtering and then the car dies completely. zero gas left. i let it sit for a minute then was able to start it again and limp to the gas station. but then my fill up was only 12.26 gallons. i thought the tank was bigger. has anyone gotten a bigger fill up?

Thats crazy...How was your car not losing power in the corners at the track then? Mine sputters in corners between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. When I am showing no bars I still have 2.8-3.0 gal left. I can't fathom how you didn't lose power in corners at that gas level. I now never let my gas get below half. Luckily it was corner balanced at just over a half a tank.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Filled up 12 gallons once. But I fill up when the light comes on (within 5 miles of when the light comes on.) I fill up around 10.5-11 gallons
Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by raikouS2K
Originally Posted by 2000ths' timestamp='1342458103' post='21863640
was at the track the other day and ran the car down to empty, no bars left. decided to go ten miles into town to get cheaper gas assuming i would easily make it. once the bars disappear you still have a gallon or two left, right? about a mile from the station i start sputtering and then the car dies completely. zero gas left. i let it sit for a minute then was able to start it again and limp to the gas station. but then my fill up was only 12.26 gallons. i thought the tank was bigger. has anyone gotten a bigger fill up?

Thats crazy...How was your car not losing power in the corners at the track then? Mine sputters in corners between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. When I am showing no bars I still have 2.8-3.0 gal left. I can't fathom how you didn't lose power in corners at that gas level. I now never let my gas get below half. Luckily it was corner balanced at just over a half a tank.
no, it runs just fine all the way down to zero gas. sputtering with 1/4-1/2 tank left sounds like there might be something wrong...
Old 07-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by raikouS2K
Originally Posted by 2000ths' timestamp='1342458103' post='21863640

wow dude...you need a new fuel filter and/or pump pronto!

Quick Reply: what was your biggest fill up?