S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What is it with some S2000 owners -- are they oblivious our just jerks?

Old 09-20-2002, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no I didn't, I actually ridiculed that remark, but whatever....
Old 09-20-2002, 03:59 PM

I don't understand some of the anti-acknowledgement comments. I mean, if someone holds their hand out in a friendly manner to shake yours, do you just ignore them? As for the comment about acknowledgement of fellow Civic, Neons, Foci, etc. owners around, it's a bit different since their cars aren't as rare as ours. So there's no reason for the waving or flashing of lights.
My question is "Will it really offend a fellow S owner to acknowledge another?".
Old 09-20-2002, 04:32 PM

I've experienced the same thing Rick, unfortunately we live in a area that has being friendly is not so welcome.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DarioManfretti
[B]I don't understand some of the anti-acknowledgement comments. I mean, if someone holds their hand out in a friendly manner to shake yours, do you just ignore them? As for the comment about acknowledgement of fellow Civic, Neons, Foci, etc. owners around, it's a bit different since their cars aren't as rare as ours. So there's no reason for the waving or flashing of lights.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:20 PM

I personally am not into waving at people who have the same car as me, I find it somewhat nerdy. When I ride my bicycle its a different story and I wave at fellow racers.

Certainly If I am faced with a waving screaming dork in a yellow s2000 I would definitely try to avert my eyes, more out of a feeling of shame for him at the very least.

Maybe I am uptight
Old 09-20-2002, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah some guys are just jerks...most S2K drivers acknowledge back with some kind of gesture but do run into a few that just have their noses up in the air driving this car. Can't we all just get along? = )
Old 09-20-2002, 08:10 PM

I give a mild "salute" to oncoming S2K owners. Rick, some people are programmed to NOT look at other drivers. There are areas where it's not too smart to be looking around at other cars, especially the ones who honked at you. He may have thought he cut you off. Hell, he could have been on acid for all we know.

BTW, S2K drivers who have the top up on a universally acceptable definition of a "nice" day, should be flipped the bird and not waved to.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:14 PM

He also could have been hearing impaired. ?
Old 09-20-2002, 08:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tmorrow
[B]He also could have been hearing impaired.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by tmorrow
BTW, S2K drivers who have the top up on a universally acceptable definition of a "nice" day, should be flipped the bird and not waved to.
Now THIS is an example of snobbishness. I hope you're being sarcastic tmorrow? I didn't see a next to your comment so I couldn't be sure. It may be hard for you to believe, but not all of us live in Florida, so up here in the northeast, putting the top down (especially for a short drive) isn't always the best option. If I ever passed another S2K driver who didn't wave at me because my top was up, they would get the one-finger salute from me. But hey I'm a native New Jerseyan so it's expected

And for those who don't wave because they think the other person is somehow "nerdy" and the other persons wave isn't "cool" enough to elicit a response, yes, you are uptight and this post is about you!

Quick Reply: What is it with some S2000 owners -- are they oblivious our just jerks?