S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What is it with some S2000 owners -- are they oblivious our just jerks?

Old 09-19-2002, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
[B]Rick

I had the same experience this evening.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every S2k owner I have run across at Denver auto-X's has been a total clueless asshole -- this is not an opinion that I share alone. Sad really, so many folks are interested in the car and ask friendly questions only to be given attitude.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally posted by DarioManfretti

Just a thought. When I see someone giving me the "V" sign, it doesn't register as "V" for VTEC, but peace. I think it is better to flash your lights. IMHO.
You're probably right. Still, I like it better then the thumbs up, and I haven't gotten good responses to flashing my lights. This is northern NJ and people are real arrogant around here.

Regardless of the sign, I was expecting a reply. I'm going to follow your advice and flash the lights next time.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by ralper
This is northern NJ and people are real arrogant around here.
People are arrogant all over this planet.

V=Peace
Old 09-19-2002, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh boy here i go....There is this one guy with a silverstone that always has his hardtop on even when its 90 degrees....i see him maybe once or twice a month...Always on franklin road in denville nj in the morning going to work....and dam i wave flsh lights arm out the window no reply...he looks at me like i am retarded....Which i am in a good way...but thats another story. No reply from him...arrggghhhh. Also a guy around Lake hopatcong in a spa yellow and nice grapite type wheels...I wave
no reply...next time i flash lights ...no reply...finally i saw him one day at the movie thearters in ledgewood getting his his car with his girl....i pull up an beep and wave i get a head nod and he turns away. Where is the love for fellow drivers.....one day me and ralper well see each other on the road (live close to each other)and it will be a love fest for the s2000.

But on the other hand I have had driving fun on the garden state parkway with other s2000 owners i have seen.....Followed each other for miles...taking turns blowing past each other than slowing down so the other guy can blow past. Waving and big smiles the whole time...one time me an another s kept blowing past a z3....it was so much fun ...we had the biggest smiles the whole time. Then big waves and flashers and headlights when one has to exit..............Dam i love this car it is scary. To some the s2000 is a car....to others it is a lifestyle...I Style which I love!
Old 09-19-2002, 06:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gotten that quite a few times also. People must think I'm some kind of weirdo because I get pretty excited flashing lights, honking horn, arm flailing out the window I guess some people get it and some people don't. It's sad that some S2k owners are like that. I think it's more of a car guy kinda thing. There's a guy that lives somewhere around me that drives a newer yellow RX7 that gives me the wave everytime I see him on the highway by my house. It's a respect thing. Hell, I get excited when I see any kind of nice car whether it's a S2k or not.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:39 PM

I went to the beach for Labor Day. Saw a Spa Yellow in a parking lot with a young kid in it about 18-20ish (I am 25). I had already parked my white/red around the corner and was walking to it. So I yelled out NICE CAR. Not even a head turn. He had a buddy in the car who waved. He had his music going and his shades on. He was obviously in "cool" mode. So he got stopped at a light and I could hear him talking in his car to his buddy after he turned the corner and saw another S2000 parked along the street, "I can't believe there is another F*'ing S2000 here! I hope it is some old ass man who is driving it. I think the white looks like shit anyway." His friend replied, "nahh dude I think the white looks tight. Those red seats are sweet!"

I got really pissed so I yelled to him again and got his attention then walked up to my car and opened it.

His friend recognized me and smiled and yelled, "You car looks tight man!" I yelled back "Thanks... enjoy your weekend!"

His friend was cool, but the owner was a complete ass. You can just read people sometimes and I could tell this guy was an ass. He is one of the people that didn't buy the car for its performance or engineering.

This is my only bad experience with another S2K owner. All others have been the best people on the planet!
Old 09-19-2002, 08:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]I know what you mean.
I have a turkey in my town.
I know the car when I see it, I keep waving but I still don't get a reply.
Oh well, their loss!
Maybe they are just jealous...
Old 09-20-2002, 04:40 AM

I get a lot of thumbs up and waves from "tuned" Honda owners, which I sense is a respect nod, but I also get revved on by some. I think there are many assorted "camps" of owners and once met a guy a few years older than me (I'm 41) who really had no clue there was even an enthusiast site for the S2000. I can't imagine with all of the entertainment and "heads-up" vital information available from this enthusiast site why anyone would want to remain "in the dark" when it comes to ownership.
I really think, based on my observations, that only 25% of S2000 owners are my kind of enthusiasts...I mean HARD CORE, web-posting, what can I learn about my S2K today-owners. The rest just bought the car because they liked it and for them, that's enough I guess.
To me, buying a car like this to simply be "seen in" or tool around oblivious to other owners is as disappointing a gesture as a flatlander visiting Vermont and covering their stack of bed and breakfast pancakes with Aunt Jemima.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:58 AM

Originally posted by Russ
To me, buying a car like this to simply be "seen in" or tool around oblivious to other owners is as disappointing a gesture as a flatlander visiting Vermont and covering their stack of bed and breakfast pancakes with Aunt Jemima.
Excellent point Russ. I think dealers should interview prospective owners like adoption agencys interview prospective parents. Only owners that are worthy should get an S.

Quick Reply: What is it with some S2000 owners -- are they oblivious our just jerks?