S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What is it with some S2000 owners -- are they oblivious our just jerks?

Old 09-19-2002, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is it with some S2000 owners -- are they oblivious our just jerks?

Driving home from work today, I had an extremely rare (for me) encounter with another Silverstone at the place where Falls Road merges into 2 lanes from four at Greenspring Station. By coincidence, I merged in right behind the other S2000. Being the enthusiastic and friendly owner I am , I waved, blew my horn, and did everything else to get an acknowledgement from this stiff. Nada. I was watching his face and eyes in his rear view mirror, and he never once looked back. So either the guy is a bad driver (good ones are always watching the rear view), or he was deliberately ignoring his S2000 brother, which to my way of thinking cleary qualifies him as a turkey.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:00 PM

Rick, I think being overly friendly can backfire.
He probably thought you were too strange.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some don't wave, some don't respond, and a lot of the clueless ones seem to have to top and windows upa nd no smile on face. Now how the heck can you do that in an S 2000.
I have to tell you though, Your mystery-making badges made my day this morning. My Silverstone has Rick's badges front and rear, the side script removed and brand new 17" wheels with no badges. I drove into a parking lot this morning at a government facility where two fairly sharp security guards have nothing to do but check out every car. This morning I heard one say to the other , "what the heck was that?."

Some folks may complain that there are too many S 2000's, but I think there's still some mystery left. I'm not ashamed of it being a Honda, in fact I'm right proud, but I do love to have 'em ask.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:27 PM

haven't you ever heard that "what's behind you does not matter"
Old 09-19-2002, 05:45 PM

Some owners are jerks. I'm always excited to see another S2K (I see so few) and try to acknowledge their good taste
Old 09-19-2002, 05:53 PM

I know what you mean.
I have a turkey in my town.
I know the car when I see it, I keep waving but I still don't get a reply.
Oh well, their loss!
Maybe they are just jealous...

Old 09-19-2002, 05:54 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

rick- chances are he also is not on this board...
i know if i see one of ours with ricks badges on it that i will get a honk or wave back!
it is amazing that someone can drive such a unique car and not recognize the few others like it on the road.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:02 PM

dont be surprised.

there are many, many non-enthusiast S2000 owners, moreso that any sports car i can think of.

i honesly see more non-enthusiast S2000 drivers than enthusiasts.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:08 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Rick

I had the same experience this evening. I was waiting in the left turn lane and a red S approached. I gave the "V" sign fully expecting to get one back. The person driving the other S looked me right in the eye and continued on. No reply.

I thought that there was a comraderie among owners. Certainly there is on this site. Oh well.

Maybe Everest (above) is right. The other S had its top up and windows closed.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:09 PM

Just this week, I came to a 4 way stop intersection and across from me was a silver S. He had his top up and his shades were on (looking cool). So he could see me, I flashed my lights (which I try and do with an approaching S) and he totally ignored me. I thought to myself "how arrogant of him".

Quick Reply: What is it with some S2000 owners -- are they oblivious our just jerks?