S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What is meant by a V-AFC harness?

Old 04-14-2003, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is meant by a V-AFC harness?

I know what one is, but I am having a dispute with another person on the board who sold me a V-AFC with harness. I even asked him if it included the harness before buying and he said yes. Once I received the package, I complained and he said sorry it did not include it. Anyway, to make a long story short, now he is claiming what he sent me was the V-AFC harness. He is saying that what I am saying is a harness isn't one and he sent me something else and called that a harness.

What this thread is for is if people would chime in with either a picture of what they think a V-AFC harness is or say what one is. This thread is for that one person in Maryland whose name I will not say yet.
I told him if people on the board do not agree with me, then I will leave it alone.
I will post a picture of what I know a V-AFC harness should look like once enough people have voiced their opinion (I do not want to influence their votes)

I asked him to refund me half of what a harness costs ($130-$65=$65) but he refuses.

Please post on this thread what a V-AFC harness is.
Thanks in advance
Old 04-14-2003, 06:02 AM

here is a picture of the harness plugged into the ECU. https://www.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/customima...mageview/14512/
in order for the harness to work with the ECU, you will need the VAFC. the VAFC is a little silver rectangle with a blue screen. hope i helped a little

MAtt
Old 04-14-2003, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is my vafc harness :

It allows you to tie into your ecu, avoiding the splicing of wires to do so. some people mistake the included piggy tail wire that comes with the vafc as the harness.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:11 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me guess you bought it from HondaS2000Tuner? If I am correct then IMO you didn't really get screwed over. You just didn't read carefully and ask enough questions. Or if you want to look at it from his view he just wasn't very clear in his ad. His ad stated that he was selling a VAFC including harness (unbent). The unbent part is a big tipoff. The VAFC comes with a harness that is used to attach and run along the dash of vehicles that was the harness he was referring to. I actually PM'ed him about it to get a clearer understanding of what he was selling. The price he sold the VAFC for was around $250 shipped? Considering a S2000 VAFC harness is $140 shipped and a new VAFC is $300. You really couldn't (or shouldn't) have expected a VAFC with S2000 specific harness for $250. That would have been a really good deal. Most sell on this board in the $350~$375 range used. This is more a case of buyer beware and ask plenty of questions. Again just my opinion and I don't know the person at all except through the PMs mentioned above.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:27 AM

Dan
Since you guessed correctly who this person was, let me paste what our correspondences were:

Re: FS: Apex-I VAFC
I apologize. I never used a harness to install it in my car. All the wires were connected directly into the ECU without the harness. There should've been two wires (or two bunch of wires) that I sent. And I used everything that I gave you and only the things that I sent (I wouldn't have kept the harness back since I have no use for it). I sent everything that was part of the system that I've used. (Unless the packing guy screwed up)

Dave

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVDoughboy wrote on 04-12-03 06:49PM:
Dave
I received your package. You did a great job of packaging. However, there was no harness in the package. I received the V-AFC, the console and no harness.
Here is what the harness should look like:

(picture)

Did you forget to include it? Let me know
Matt

[quote]
HondaS2000Tuner wrote on 04-05-03 10:07PM:
Yes it included harness too

DAve

[quote]
DVDoughboy wrote on 04-06-03 03:41AM:
Thanks Dave
I will let you know once I receive it. By the way, this did include the harness too, didn't it?

Matt
Old 04-14-2003, 07:28 AM

I am upset because he told me that it included a harness and I asked him multiple times.
Then later when I received the package, he then apologizes for no harness. He admitted to the fact that there was no harness.
That is why I am upset.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:33 AM
Former Moderator

See now his correspondence to you is confusing. I always assumed that what he meant by harness was the little batch of wires that is included with the VAFC that you use to splice into the ECU wires. Why don't you just send everything back for a full refund?
Old 04-14-2003, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah - refund - case closed. bad communication.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:40 AM
Former Moderator

Just to be clear the VAFC does come with a Harness. It is called a signal harness it is what you use to help splice into your ECU wires. But it is not vehicle specific and does not by any means make the VAFC plug and play. Did he provide that to you? That I believe is the harness he was referring to. I think if you go to http://www.apei-usa.com you can find what is included in the products.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:16 PM

Well, it looks like HondaS2000Tuner is just not going to respond to my PMs anymore.
In the event that you look at this thread again Tuner, I want you to see another pic of a harness

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=49463

It just shows what kind of class that you have to lie and then admit that you lied about the harness. And no, the black cord that came with the V-AFC does not count as a harness...seeing that that came with the V-AFC when you bought it.

I'll see if I can get some money back from Paypal. I filed a complaint.