S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What kind of junk cars park next to you?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=plokivos,Mar 2 2008, 10:32 PM]I keep getting junk s2000's parking next to me.

this thread is so wrong.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jsts22,Mar 4 2008, 02:17 AM
don't forget, honda and acura are the same. So, it is kinda an acura too.
it doesnt go both ways...your acura is a honda not your honda is like an acura
Old 03-04-2008, 05:45 AM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Mystiqueskillz,Mar 3 2008, 12:10 AM
It's just a HONDA.
Its just a hunda, BUT ITS MY F*in Honda. That is the point.

I take care of my things whether they are worth money or not.

As a 'car guy' even my dd beater would be in good condition.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That reminds me of when I got door dinged when I was sitting in my car.

I was parked in the back of the lot at my work and of course, what else should appear but a Beat To $hit Cavalier. I had just got in my car, when the person next to me was getting out of theirs.

Next thing you know, a strong gust of wind blew, and it felt/ sounded like someone punched my car door.

I look over and the GIRL! has an "OMG" look on her face. She apologized over and over and promised me that nothing was wrong. "It's not scratched or dented" she says.

Well I get out and look at it and wouldn't you know it, there was a crease in my door.

I don't think I have ever been so pissed off in my life.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hondaBeater,Mar 4 2008, 06:45 AM
Its just a hunda, BUT ITS MY F*in Honda. That is the point.

I take care of my things whether they are worth money or not.

As a 'car guy' even my dd beater would be in good condition.
Thank you very much. Quoted for truth.

Everyone worried about these things is worried because it's their own car that they go out of their way to keep in top condition. If someone wants to be very protective of their car, who is anyone else to say anything about it? Last I checked, none of us bought our cars in the hopes of being a bullseye for irresponsible scumbags.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terror,Mar 4 2008, 07:00 AM
That reminds me of when I got door dinged when I was sitting in my car.

I was parked in the back of the lot at my work and of course, what else should appear but a Beat To $hit Cavalier. I had just got in my car, when the person next to me was getting out of theirs.

Next thing you know, a strong gust of wind blew, and it felt/ sounded like someone punched my car door.

I look over and the GIRL! has an "OMG" look on her face. She apologized over and over and promised me that nothing was wrong. "It's not scratched or dented" she says.

Well I get out and look at it and wouldn't you know it, there was a crease in my door.

I don't think I have ever been so pissed off in my life.
WTF...finish the story!!! What did you do afterwards and I don't wanna hear that fairytale BS about living happily ever after. You can't start telling a story and then stop in the middle...That's just mean.

Sorry about that crease/ding on your car...I always walk around my car and check it out before and after I leave it.

I have a little memory checklist I go through...

Check that tires have air...By eye sight( I don't actually get the tire gauge out and all).
Check that both S2000 emblems are still there.
Check and make sure the antenna is still there(even though the first thing I did after I brought the car home from the dealership was use High temp red Loctite on it).
And do a quick check all around the car from paint to glass and top.

It takes about 5 seconds to do the checklist but hey...It took me 2 years to raise the down payment for the car which was roughly 75% of the car's price and spent lots of times working on rooftops, attics and underneath houses getting dirty and all for this car...plus it's been my "dream car" since 2003. Not too many people can say that they own their dream car but I can!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

door dings in my new car would piss me off to no end. it doesnt matter what it costs.

i dont care what kind of trashy car parks next to me, whether it stinks and parts are falling off it or what. i do care if the owners are careless, disrespectful, or whatever it would be and smash my car, either purposefully or accidentally.

the cars i really avoid are the ones with several dings on their doors or unrepaired accident damage, as those are the people that i would expect to be the least likely to care about door dings on their own cars, so it only follows that they would be less likely to care about dings on my car.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Teawins21,Mar 2 2008, 01:21 PM
Not really on topic, but I had a SUV parked so close to me, I literally could not open my door wide enough to fit in my car. I had to go through my passenger side (like you see on TV).

After I realized I had to go through my passenger side, I shoved my piece of gum in their key hole. Some old lady saw me and gave me a .
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Those of you who don't care about door dings in your car, you are free to park wherever you want. Evidently, your car doesn't mean much to you.

Those of us that worked hard to purchase our cars and have put the time and effort into keeping them running and looking like the day they rolled off the factory floor are a bit more sensitive to what parks next to us.

For example, I always park my car out in the back corner of a parking lot. That way, I typically have a curb in front and to one side of the vehicle. This means I will only have a car that can park on one side of me to minimize my chances of having a dent or ding or scratch. If I see someone who has parked in such a manner, then I do not park directly next to them, I am respectful of their wishes of not having any cars near them, and I appreciate it when I see that others have done the same for me.

However, here at the university, the painters did not do a good job measuring out the parking spots, so consequently there is a small gap between the last spot and the curb. Granted, you could easily fit a motorcycle in that last half a spot, but not a car.

However, this is what I was treated to when I came out one day:

Old 03-04-2008, 09:52 AM

I agree. It's not so much that we drive an s2000; I would do my best to park away from cars that don't look well tended (calling them POS' might be exaggerating things a bit, but it gets the point across quicker) regardless of what I'm driving. It's a pretty safe assumption a person who owns a car that is evidently not well taken care of could not care less about anyone else's car that they park next to. While this might also be an unfair assumption, it's what keeps my car safe from door dings.

It's all about taking care of my property, not "my s2000 is better than all the other cars out there so they are not worthy of parking next to me".

Quick Reply: What kind of junk cars park next to you?