S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What kind of junk cars park next to you?

Old 03-02-2008, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LcS2000,Mar 2 2008, 11:24 AM
i've noticed that too. like the guys who are just weekend drivers or put it away for the winter. i love the car but its no ferrari.
and i do hate it when pos cars park by me when i park way out
yeah, and i've never really understood using the s2k as a "weekend" driver. For a ferrari, lambo, or something less drivable, yeah, maybe. but a s2k? god damn, just live ur life and put away ur pos and drive the s2k.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^agreed...
Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Davemeister,Mar 2 2008, 12:28 PM
Sometimes I when I drive my beater (POS!) I park it next to nice cars that park in the middle of nowhere on purpose. Better me than someone who will ding your door. But I do get a bit of a giggle thinking they probably get scared seeing the dented up POS next to their baby.
Hmm, I have wondered if they are messing with the nice car owners.

A 90's town and country voyager mini van parked next to me when I parked at the back of Walmarts lot. The van was trashed. Missing hubcaps, all fenders dented or crushed in some way, and windows that have never been cleaned. What was wierd was the amount of effort he took to park next to the S when there was empty rows ahead and behind my car and twenty spaces closer to the store. He even stopped short next to the S instead of pulling thru so he was parked nose out. I could barely see the S as I walked out due to the van blocking all view of it. Anyway, there was nothing done to my car so I just put it down to people being asses for no reason.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=sandiegan,Mar 2 2008, 07:48 AM] SRSLY

People on here swear we drive Ferraris
Old 03-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep getting junk s2000's parking next to me.

this thread is so wrong. what junk cars... you don't drive a $100,000 car. not even $40,000 car. get over this elitists bs.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 PM

I should have called it something rather than junk, but still, GIVE ME SOME DAMN SPACE! Im a younger owner and its worth a hell of a lot more than a ferrari to me to put it in perspective. I park back for a reason and please respect it instead of parking next to me. I don't do the asshole thing and slant it in the stalls. I like to have space.

Im not an elitest, just someone who actually gives a shit about their car. Would you want a crackhouse put up right next to your house? Im sure you wouldn't. So don't call me names for giving a shit about my investment.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by D1sclaimer,Mar 2 2008, 10:42 PM
I should have called it something rather than junk, but still, GIVE ME SOME DAMN SPACE! Im a younger owner and its worth a hell of a lot more than a ferrari to me to put it in perspective. I park back for a reason and please respect it instead of parking next to me. I don't do the asshole thing and slant it in the stalls. I like to have space.

Im not an elitest, just someone who actually gives a shit about their car. Would you want a crackhouse put up right next to your house? Im sure you wouldn't. So don't call me names for giving a shit about my investment.
well put. I am 20 with this car and work so hard to afford it between insurance and a car payment. It is a damn good looking car, and looks better than most 40k cars. I would take an s over a g35 any day.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:10 PM

It's just a HONDA.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:12 PM

I'm doing an experiment, I'm parking my S wayyy out of the way and I'm staying out of view when someone parks next to the S I'll walk up to them and ask why? I think this will be interesting.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:47 AM

Me and the rents were somewhere in Ga on a road trip, My Dad drives a 2001 330i that we got a steal on cuz of its high mileage. It has a few dings already but he still tries to take care of it. We park at the end of the parking lot of a waffle house, when we come out to leave a big 70's station wagon is parked next to it, on the front windshield it reads "White Trash". I checked the door and sure enough they dinged it, obviously it was intentional, there were plenty other spots. So I take my foot and cave in their entire passenger door. See ya later trailer trash and drove off.

Quick Reply: What kind of junk cars park next to you?