S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What do you think about the steering wheel?

Old 07-15-2008, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about the steering wheel?

http://www.momousa.com/detail.php?ca...group=36&pic=1

I was thinking about getting that steering wheel becuase it is small and was wondering if anyone has used it before and what they thought about it. Also what adapter would work for it? If you have pics of it in your car you can post those too... Feed back apreciated.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:12 AM

Honestly I love the stock AP1 wheel - it is black, 3 spoke and air-bag equipped; almost something I could see Ferrari using. For some odd reason the AP2 wheel looks similar to what is in an Insight and that doesn't spell sporty. However if you gain more steering feedback with the aftermarket wheel, that'd be a good route.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:21 AM

well in all honesty its mainly because im so tall, and the stock steering wheels rubs on my knees when i try heal toeing and just trying to get confortable in general, and this steering wheel is a lot small and would give me way more room...
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 PM

keep the OEM wheel and get aftermarket rails to lower the seat.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:19 PM

if i get aftermarket rails i'd have to get a seat, and the only one i would want is the buddy club racing spec b/c i have a red/black interior and not only does the colors match but it comes in a wide version... and its not as expensive as a mugen seat... but thats 600 bucks right there compared to 300 for the wheel and adapter... hm.... not really sure what i wanna do...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:49 PM

No airbag FTL
Old 07-15-2008, 02:52 PM
tof

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,409 Posts

I believe you can get low-rider rails and sliders that work with the stock seats. But I could be (and often am) wrong.

I had that steering wheel on my last play car...a Galant VR4. I loved it. But the stock wheel it replaced was slick and the rim wasn't as thick as the S. I like the stock S wheel but I'd love to find a good deal on a new one where the leather was not all slick and shiney.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Woodson,Jul 16 2008, 08:49 AM
No airbag FTL
In your opinion, when I was in an accident in my 5R Teggy, the lady hit the right front drivers side and the angle she hit me blew the bag out on me and it blocked my vision as I was heading towards a curb and pole. I just remember it blowing and me trying to slap it away and getting the car to stop about a foot from the pole.

After that I didn't have them reinstalled. My friend was recently in an accident in the same area, almost same circumstance. The 5R was completely totalled and he walked away from it with some minor scratches.

I won't deny that they can save lives, but at the same time they can be a burden and unnecessarily deployed leading to a huge expense to replace. It's up to the individual to make the choice, just as it should be when you purchase a car, I would have rather purchased without them honestly.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:33 PM

I see your point and respect your opinion, but I still think an occupant's odds of survival are much greater with rather than without airbags.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 PM

Ware are you getting the wheel from? Online? I have never used one but i would be worried that i wouldn't like the feel of an aftermarket wheel. my suggestion would be to find a way you could get your hands on it and see how it feels. If its at a local store it wouldn't be to hard if not i would try to find a online store with a good return policy.

Could the diameter of the wheel effect how touchy the handling is? If you have a larger wheel you move your hand a longer distance to make the full circle and on a smaller one you move it less distance but still make the full circle so would turning the wheel 1in on the smaller wheel be equal to turning the larger say 1.5 or some other variable? I may be over thinking this.

Quick Reply: What do you think about the steering wheel?