S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What do you say when...

Old 04-07-2005, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'de rather have a car that attracts the girls rather than the boys. I used a friends H1 Hummer for a week about five years ago and I got asked about it everytime I got out of the car...by guys...I prefer the attention the S gets.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:42 PM

Just say 9000RPM bitches!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by METATRON,Apr 7 2005, 01:42 PM
Just say 9000RPM bitches!
Well put!

I haven't heard the girly car comment but recently an acquaintance at work was comparing his new Mustang GT to my car and we were going back and forth in jest about whose car is better. He did have a great line though saying "your car has a sewing machine for an engine" I thought that was pretty funny and related the idea of the pistons going up and down super fast like a sewing machine.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by narcosis,Apr 7 2005, 02:26 PM
My buddy made that comment to me once and i replied "yea your chick liked it the other night ".Never heard another word from him!!

I usually shrug, look bored, and wave as I peel away from them....

A nice 9k rev in neutral is also pretty effective.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:41 PM

It tells you something about the person making the comment. Insults imply the person has a low self esteem, and jabs such as this are attempts to boost their ego.
If you take offense to the comment, then they were successful.
Is this how you do a quote? I agree with Slalom anyway. And I haven't had those kind of comments either. In fact, my most recent rider said, "this car has some serious b*lls".

Not that this is that kind of comment, but recently when I was going out to leave work in my car, a janitor was standing behind it just staring. When I went to get in it, he said "beautiful!". I said, "thanks". He said, "now I can park my truck there". Apparently he was trying to get his truck next to some work of his my car was parked by. I just drove on off.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:08 PM

never gotten the "girly" or "its just a honda" comment but i did have this tool at my job call my car a POS when i first bought it. i was like, ok thats his opinion and he doesn't like it. i didn't care. the thing that pisses me off is that douchebag went and bought a s2000 the next year. i then knew he was just jealous of my ride.

the s2000 does cause a lot of jealousy.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:05 PM

When I drove my S2000 to work the first time, where I have a reserved parking space so everyone knew who had the new car, a few colleagues who park near me were telling how great my new car is, when my secretary said "Oh, you go a new car?" and I said, "oh it's just another 4 cylinder Honda," not wanting to be hassled by the staff for indulging myself with the purchase of a sports car.

Sometimes its nice to have "just a Honda." Just think if I had bought a Boxster or a Z4!

The people who know about cars know about the S2000 and give it respect.

Those who know little about cars show their ignorance with derogatory comments.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karwath,Apr 7 2005, 05:05 PM
When I drove my S2000 to work the first time, where I have a reserved parking space so everyone knew who had the new car, a few colleagues who park near me were telling how great my new car is, when my secretary said "Oh, you go a new car?" and I said, "oh it's just another 4 cylinder Honda," not wanting to be hassled by the staff for indulging myself with the purchase of a sports car.

Sometimes its nice to have "just a Honda." Just think if I had bought a Boxster or a Z4!

The people who know about cars know about the S2000 and give it respect.

Those who know little about cars show their ignorance with derogatory comments.
That is almost exactly my story: I'm getting out my s2k and this guy in shipping yells, "So you're the dude that owns that fast car." I say, "no, it's only got 4 cylinders." He sez, "yah, but it's REALLY fast, isn't it!"
Old 04-07-2005, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by DaveOnLI,Apr 7 2005, 01:15 PM

VW Cabriolet
Yup, gotta go with you on that one.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:24 PM

Actually I kinda think a Mita is a girly car but that's just me

Quick Reply: What do you say when...