S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

what do you guys do to prevent dents/dings

Old 04-05-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what do you guys do to prevent dents/dings

hi all,
as a recent victim of disrespectful stupid drivers that ding other people's cars i was just wondering what you guys do to prevent this from happening. i take the utmost care when parking my car. i always park in the corners and close the curb so there is only one side where i could get hit... i was wondering if i could pick up tips from you guys
Old 04-05-2008, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

park at the far end of the parking lot near no one... but when i come back some stupid idiot is right next to me..
Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tightcrap7,Apr 5 2008, 12:04 PM
park at the far end of the parking lot near no one... but when i come back some stupid idiot is right next to me..
Same here. I park a full day's hike away from the store where nobody has any business parking.

And no matter what, I come back out and there's at least one car right next to me and as many as five.

It's like people have this herd mentality. They won't park there until someone else does so they can see that it's safe, then they'll park right next to you.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not take the car out to run errands. I only take it to meets where I am surrounded by respectful owners.

On the occasion that I stop somewhere, the back corner of the lot it shall be.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 PM

lucky you^ mine is a DD so i have to take it out. i love my car and i love driving it but asshole like this that dent it up ruin the experience for me.

and yes, i do park at the farthest end of the parking lots in the very corner where no one would wanna park then it always happens. some asshole will park right nex to me when theres a NO one else around and there are tons of closer spots... bitches
Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by shotiable,Apr 5 2008, 02:57 PM
hi all,
as a recent victim of disrespectful stupid drivers that ding other people's cars i was just wondering what you guys do to prevent this from happening. i take the utmost care when parking my car. i always park in the corners and close the curb so there is only one side where i could get hit... i was wondering if i could pick up tips from you guys
When we were driving Italian cars, my wife had little stickers on her windows that said ...

"You toucha my car, I breaka you face."

It must have worked, because she never got a single ding in the car.

More likely that's because we tend to park away from other cars and walk long distances rather than parking in places where the risk of dings is higher.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:57 PM

if i had one of those stickers my car woulda gotten keyed again. i have alot of haters after me
Old 04-05-2008, 01:39 PM

depends where you live, imo.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:43 PM

omg i just rechecked... its bigger than i originally though it was... i'm so pissed that i let this happen....

about depending where i live... its more of where i go to school. those ****ers are haters. ie this one guy with a ****ing porsche thinking he's the shit. i think he was the perpetrator of my last vandalism event, unfortunately i dont have solid evidence to pin his stupid ass
Old 04-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by shotiable,Apr 5 2008, 11:57 AM
hi all,
Pretty much do the same as you do.
At work, I check my car often to see if anyone else is parked next to me.
We have plenty of parking spots, so it's normally safe at work.
Whenever I go somewhere else with my buddies, we normally take my friend's DD beater.
I try to avoid public parking lots as much as possible.
It's sad that other people doesn't care about someone else's car
Another reason why I need a DD.

Dan

Quick Reply: what do you guys do to prevent dents/dings