S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What to do? didn't come with a spare

Old 10-17-2006, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do? didn't come with a spare

when i dropped my car i noticed i didnt have a spare tire, i just now went into the dealer to talk to someone about it. .and after going through about 5 different people, i basically got the answer "i can't order a spare tire because i have no justification to order one, the sales man takes you around the car, and shows you your spare and jack and everything else before driving off"

to which i responded, you mean the salesman is supposed to, because mine didn't, just like he didn't put an antenna on the car, just like he gave me the wrong shift knob, and no lock nut for it.

then i got, "well you should have checked for it.."

to which i replied, well that would be like going home and popping the hood to make sure the motor is there, i shouldn't have to check for it, if it went through pdi, and if the salesman did his job, there wouldn't be a problem.

which then got me "well there's nothing i can do about it because your salesman said he didnt notice anythign was missing"

and i said, because he didn't check..again, i dont see how that is my fault.

so, i'm at a loss of things to do. .because i put in a case with american honda, but even they said it's hard because i have 11,000 miles and they can't prove i never had one.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:26 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

That's kind of strange. Is there anything in place of the spare in your trunk? Was this a used car??
Old 10-17-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's completely unacceptable. When I first picked up my car I noticed that they forgot to give me the tonneau cover. I went back to get it and they apologized profusely. Which dealership was this? Did you buy the car new or used?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:34 AM

maroone honda of miami lakes.. off the palmetto and 57th ave.

bought it new with 11 miles. interior was still wrapped in plastic.

and there's nothign there. if you look where the screw is supposed to be, there's no screw marks, there's no rubber marks. .nothing. you can clearly tell there was never a spare there, i guess they think i used mine and need a new one. .which is but they're saying that i should have checked and that there's nothing they can do about it now.

everyone has the sameattitude, why did you wait so long to notice
Old 10-17-2006, 08:37 AM

So, dude, is the trunk interior trim piece that covers the spare in place in your trunk? Are you just saying that when you remove the cover pins and pull it, there's no spare and no jack??

[edit: sorry, the jack should be in the well.. the space saver tire is the only thing behind the cover]
Old 10-17-2006, 08:39 AM

Well, OK, it shouldn't be a killer to pick one up anyway. Many folks remove the spare for stereo equipment, and I'll bet someone will sell you theirs.

But, hell I do agree it should've come with the car. I don't understand how it could've been overlooked by the factory.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:40 AM

yea, everything was in place. the jack and tray are in the well. just there's no spare tire. i removed the cover to get to the back shocks and that's when i noticed

picking one up isn't a huge deal, i have roadside assistance and might not even use it. .but it's just the principle.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Ek9
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to work your way up the food chain. Call honda corporate and see what they say.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by [AP2-2NV
,Oct 17 2006, 12:40 PM] [ ... ] picking one up isn't a huge deal, i have roadside assistance and might not even use it. .but it's just the principle.
Yeah, fair enough.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ek9,Oct 17 2006, 12:41 PM
Time to work your way up the food chain. Call honda corporate and see what they say.
did that too, they're calling me back by thursday. we'll see i guess. but honda wasn't too sure about it either, she said that it can't be prooved wether i had one or not.

Quick Reply: What to do? didn't come with a spare