S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What to do with dealership BS?

Old 05-05-2006, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with dealership BS?

Long story short is that I brought my S2000 to D and C Honda in Tenafly, NJ. I brought it in cause the rear wheel was making noise. I got the usual damage report as always to ensure their was no damage before dropping it off. I come to pick it up and I have a one inch rip in the softtop. Right above the wheel they were working on as well. After talking to the service manager I was told he would talk to the owners. I just talked to him again and was told that "We at D&C Honda don't feel that any employee would cut or damage your vehicle" Even though I got a damage report right before giving the car in for service.

What can I do now? I'm going to ask to speak to the dealership owner. If that doesn't go through what else can I do besides call Corporate Honda or the BBB?
Thanks in advance
Old 05-05-2006, 01:30 PM

You could get a lawyer and go to small claims court. But of course it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Just call Honda directly and figure it out from there.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Forget the service manager, find the general manager or sales manager, someone who actually wants you to buy mor Hondas.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:20 PM

I went thru the same thing with my dealer, did the pre work inspection, verified no damage to the car. WEnt to pick up the car and the fenders in the front were both dented, I even showed them the finger prints where you could see the techs where working on the car. Basically they denied it, went to the service manager, he did nothing, never got a hold of the general manager, he was always busy. Spoke to honda corporate, they said they would take care of it, yet they did not thing, they told me the dealership states they did not cause it so they could not do it anything. In my case I dropped it since it was cheap to fix, in your case, I would consult an attorney immediately and have him write a nice little letter. The burden of proof is on the dealer, especially if you have a report in writting indicating the vehicle was not damaged before you dropped it off.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:19 PM

After a lot of shit from the dealer we made a deal. I went to the general manager and was told the same BS story as before. I took some of the advice here and mentioned that he will be hearing from my lawyer, thats when the attitude changed. I got them to get me a brand new glass top for $200. Not bad considering that my top has prior damage on the other side.

Until they see you are really serious with your complaint they will continue to string you along.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:36 AM

I recently filed a small claims court and it's been a very lengthy and PITA process. Try to make it your last resort-

But since you've already resolved the issue- hope everything else goes well from here.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaceyR6,May 11 2006, 02:19 AM
After a lot of shit from the dealer we made a deal. I went to the general manager and was told the same BS story as before. I took some of the advice here and mentioned that he will be hearing from my lawyer, thats when the attitude changed. I got them to get me a brand new glass top for $200. Not bad considering that my top has prior damage on the other side.

Until they see you are really serious with your complaint they will continue to string you along.
$200 installed?