S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

what company makes our stock seats?

Old 01-04-2006, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of whether or not these seats are manufactured by Recaro, it's better that they don't have the Recaro logo. Don't need more stupid kids stealing s2k seats.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, true.. the evo will divert their attention away from our seats since it says Recaro in plain sight..
Old 01-05-2006, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by DouglaS2000,Jan 5 2006, 03:44 AM
Haha, true.. the evo will divert their attention away from our seats since it says Recaro in plain sight..
LOL! Thats what they get for stealing our antennas!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by dat s2k,Jan 5 2006, 05:46 AM
LOL! Thats what they get for stealing our antennas!
and thats why mine is superglued down
Old 01-05-2006, 06:34 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

You know, if you play the odds, the seats are probably made in China...
Old 01-05-2006, 08:24 AM

1) Car magazines are notorious for their inaccuracies regarding specs for cars.
2) A manufacturer's website is (better be) a reputable and trustworthy source of information re: the products they make.
3) Recaro typically badges their products in some fashion or other.
4) Acura RSX type S is not listed, (but supposedly has recaros too) I have one (05) sitting in my garage, looked closely last night and...surprise! NO they are not recaros either! at least there are no logos to be found anywhere.
So: 1) Seats have no logos (most seats made by Recaro DO) 2) Recaro website does not list the car, even though it lists every other Honda that has them on. 3) Honda rep contacted by Carmen Ohio states they are not made by recaro.
It must be some sick plot to confuse people, these are the only unmarked recaros in the world that are used in a prominent sportscar, but the manufacturer refuses to show it off (they probably consider it an obscure and unimportant model)so they keep it a secret. It all makes sense now.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:59 AM

do all the cars listed as having seats manufactured by recaro, have the badge in a prominent position? If not, is it stamped somewhere else?? I guess what im trying to say is, is it obvious that ALL the other seats (listed) are made by recaro?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:03 AM

This thread is hilarious...we have all these people in a pissing match over whether the seats are Recaro or not; yet no one has the balls to pull one of their damn seats out and take some pictures to end this once and for all.

In the time dangarza and douglas2000 have spent arguing you could have taken out your passenger seat numerous times and looked. This thread is pointless until someone does. I for one find this thread interesting but don't care enough to look because I am leasing and don't plan to buy. I hope someone finishes this debate.

Ryan
Old 01-05-2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by S2000GT,Jan 5 2006, 09:59 AM
do all the cars listed as having seats manufactured by recaro, have the badge in a prominent position? If not, is it stamped somewhere else?? I guess what im trying to say is, is it obvious that ALL the other seats (listed) are made by recaro?
Recaro made about 4 different seats for 90-92 Jetta GLi and GTi's. They have Recaro stitched on them in every case, as well as a Recaro part number and tag on the bottom of the seat and on the rails themselves.

Looks like we're not the only ones that wonder...

"I'm an upholster, and have been for many years. There are plenty of "VW Sport Seats" that are Recaro-made, and there are many which are not.
Upon tearing apart enough VW seats, you'll see there are slight differences between different years and models.

This isn't a rule 100% of the time, but most of the "german" built cars have the "Recaro" seats. These frames typically have a Recaro tag on them, and Recaro part numbers. The non-recaro seats don't have such tags, and have VW part numbers only!

I know there will always be a debate here, but I'm convinced that there are two different manufacturers. But of course even the "non-Recaro" sport seats are designed after the Recaro seats.
(First VW sport seats made by Recaro, came to us in the Scirocco and Rabbit GTI's.)"

Sounds like Recaro makes a lot more than what they list on their website.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by OverBooster,Jan 5 2006, 12:03 PM
This thread is hilarious...we have all these people in a pissing match over whether the seats are Recaro or not; yet no one has the balls to pull one of their damn seats out and take some pictures to end this once and for all.
I have been lurking on this site for over 3 years, literally hundreds of people have removed their seats for one thing or another.
I have seen pics of the most minute of components taken by the most anal of owners regarding the most insignificant stuff you can possibly imagine on this car; From the "A" sticker under the left rearview mirror to the ENKEI logos on the inside of the wheels and NEVER, not once, has anyone mentioned or photographed any reference to recaro logos, stickers or other trademarks in their stock seats.
My point is: removing the seats is pointless, there are no recaro logos anywhere, trust me.
This thread is now pointless, I agree. If people want to believe their seats are made by recaro when all the evidence says otherwise well... it's a free country.
Hell, now that we are at it, we should start other rumors, like our brakes are unbranded, unmarked brembos, and our steering wheels unmarked Momos. It's just the "cool factor" and that licesing and liability stuff that keeps them from actually slapping their brands on, for sure.