S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

what company makes our stock seats?

Old 01-03-2006, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recaro is the largest seat manufacture of automotive applications.
They make great seats like the Del Sol seats, the S seats and as stated also make your basic run of the mill bus seat...
Honda makes low end Civics and high dollar NSX's, still the same company.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:29 AM

Well again. I am sorry but I have yet to find conclusive evidence that the seats are Recaro. I have read hundreds of claims that they are, but none has been substantiated with solid evidence. The wheels are made by Enkei as I have personally seen the "ENKEI" logo on the back of the spokes, but nothing about the seats, nada.
Granted, whether they are Recaros or not is inconsequential, they are very good seats (and popular with thieves).
If the Acura RSX's have a Recaro logo somewhere, I am sure that by now someone would have found it on the seats of the S2000.
Like I said, big deal whoever makes the seats, they are good seats period. I just want to dispell what is probably a myth.
PS: I have an RSX type S and hate to say it, but the seats are fantastic (they even have a variable lumbar support lever that the S could use).

Old 01-04-2006, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, well how about you just unbolt the seats out of your S2000 and find out for yourself? It ain't that hard, just 4 bolts..
Old 01-04-2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by dangarza,Jan 4 2006, 10:29 AM
Well again. I am sorry but I have yet to find conclusive evidence that the seats are Recaro. I have read hundreds of claims that they are, but none has been substantiated with solid evidence. The wheels are made by Enkei as I have personally seen the "ENKEI" logo on the back of the spokes, but nothing about the seats, nada.
Granted, whether they are Recaros or not is inconsequential, they are very good seats (and popular with thieves).
If the Acura RSX's have a Recaro logo somewhere, I am sure that by now someone would have found it on the seats of the S2000.
Like I said, big deal whoever makes the seats, they are good seats period. I just want to dispell what is probably a myth.
PS: I have an RSX type S and hate to say it, but the seats are fantastic (they even have a variable lumbar support lever that the S could use).
Well heres an idea, you own an S2000 so pull one of the friggin seats out yourself and look. Provide some "conclusive evidence" for yourself and everyone else on S2ki instead of waiting for someone else to do it. Just a crazy thought I had.

Ryan
Old 01-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Former Moderator

They are manufactured by Recaro. THEY ARE NOT branded as recaro. This is how recaro keeps its cool factor....only "cool" seats are actually branded.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by DouglaS2000,Jan 4 2006, 11:51 AM
Haha, well how about you just unbolt the seats out of your S2000 and find out for yourself? It ain't that hard, just 4 bolts..
Like I said, big deal whoever makes the seats, I like them. Could not care less if they are made by recaro or GM.
I don't mean to annoy anyone, my point is that there are a bunch of myths about cars out there that all of a sudden become gospel without a single shred of evidence to prove them right or wrong.
If the RSX's seats are made by recaro and have a recaro logo underneath them, (don't know that either, but at least there's some evidence available to prove or refute such a claim) and a bunch of guys have removed S2000 seats and not found any logos, I am suspicious that the claim about the origin of the seats is unfounded. That's all. Don't be offended. I just want to clear things up a bit.
"Someone told me they are recaros" does not prove anything. The car is great as is, and does not need any made up stories to make it better.
BTW someone told me the steering wheel is made by MOMO

Old 01-04-2006, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by OverBooster,Jan 4 2006, 12:35 PM
Well heres an idea, you own an S2000 so pull one of the friggin seats out yourself and look. Provide some "conclusive evidence" for yourself and everyone else on S2ki instead of waiting for someone else to do it.
OB: That's my point, lots of people have already removed the seats, no logos, no evidence.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:19 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Jan 4 2006, 01:41 PM
They are manufactured by Recaro. THEY ARE NOT branded as recaro. This is how recaro keeps its cool factor....only "cool" seats are actually branded.
Like the city bus seats, but not our S seats! Just curious, if our seats are made by Recaro, why do replacements come disassembled in a bunch of parts?
Old 01-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Former Moderator

Umm....because they are

a)Made for Honda, and Honda wants to make more money
b)Its a multi-piece seat, hence it comes in parts.

Call recaro corporate and ask them for a list of Hondas that they make seats for.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Jan 4 2006, 04:44 PM
Call recaro corporate and ask them for a list of Hondas that they make seats for.
Now there's an idea.
I'm going to try this approach, stay tuned...