S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: What Color to Get
Grand Prix White
35.53%
Spa Yellow Pearl
31.58%
Sazuka Blue
32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

What Color to Get

Old 08-12-2002, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might as well get all three to look at ...
Old 08-12-2002, 08:50 AM

Being an insurance agent I can say that color has no bearing on insurance rates.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by scottrnelson
[B]Just follow my rule of thumb for choosing sports car colors:

Quote:

"If the color is appropriate for a Buick Sedan, it's not a good choice for a sports car."
I saw a Red Buick Sedan LaSabre on the freeway the other day.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:05 PM

I have a black/black 2000. When it's clean and waxed it's great
(did that yesterday) but they do get dirty in a hurry. If the new tan interior is anything like the custom job shown in a black car on this board about a year ago I would go with the white/tan.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:53 PM

I will post my stock answer that I always post when someone asks this type of color question:

Suzuka Blue is, of course, the most understated color of the S2000 bunch.

The Blue Bullet. The Blue Angel. The Blue Bomber. The Blue-by-you automobile. This car with this color is under-the-radar stealthy cool. It will not stand out in the sea of colors from far away, but people tend to walk up to get a closer look to see what the hell this beautiful automobile is. They tip their sunglasses over their noses to really check it out.

When I park my Suzuka at night in a crowd of cars, it does not stand out as much, therefore it won't attract as much attention. The odds are greater that someone will not pick it out of the crowd to mess with it. Not saying that no one will ever mess with it, just that I like my odds with Suzuka.

The Blue interior is perfect for the Suzuka. No other color would look right. Even black. Black would overpower the exterior. That's why Honda chose blue. Honda chose the black interior with the Monte Carlo Blue because that blue is darker.

You may hear, "it's not a traditional racing car color like yellow, red, black, or even the traditional racing car color of Japan- white". Under the hood, we're all the same.

You may even hear someone whining "it's a wimpy color", but like I said: under the hood, we're all the same.

Blue is easy to maintain. You do not see the dust as much. It looks clean, even when it has some dust on it. And yes, Suzuka Blue metallic can appear to be holographic, changing hues in different shades of light. It's amazing. If you use Zaino or Meg's or any other quality wax, the clear-coated paint really stands out and is remarkable!

Finally, ALL the colors in the S2000 line look great. It just depends on what your personality type is. I actually wanted Yellow to begin with; I've seen the elusive White and it was beautiful.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:23 PM

My S2000 on order is Suzuka Blue, if that tells you my answer.

I fell in love with it when i saw it on a dealer lot at night about 5 months ago...the same day my wheels came in from Japan. 2 and a half months later I totalled my TL and here I am with a Suzuka. Gorgeous color...honestly one of my favorite colors on ANY car.

i feel fortunate to be one of the few to have one.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:17 PM

Mine is White/Red int. My first choice would have been Yellow.
My S2000 was a demo the dealer gave me the car for 27,000. The owner of the dealership drove my car, the demo miles were babied miles. got a good deal just couldn't pass it up.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:18 AM

No offense to Suzuka blue owners, but it's not a color I would normally associate with a sports car. Didn't Suzuka Blue first make it's appearance on the '91 Civic?

Throw on a couple coats of Zaino on this old dog and you have the '02 Suzuka Blue!
Old 08-13-2002, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by Moula

I also have the Black but I would say the White has got it. Plus air flows faster over white paint and therefore the car is faster
someone bring up the thread on which color is the fastest. black wins =-P
Old 08-13-2002, 05:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]I have a Spa Yellow Pearl S2000 and my insurance company didn't care what color it was.

Quick Reply: What Color to Get