S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Were you ever hated in HS because of your car?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blobianco,May 22 2010, 06:34 PM
im a sophemore now havent yet gotten my licence but i have seen many cars around my school nd they are their rents old cars kids usually put subs in their cars to hear them bumb.....there arent really people who like cars in my school nd the ppl who do have shitty cars!!!!!! the only shit i get is ur spoiled for driving an s2000 and i rlly dont care i just laugh it off.......most kids no because they saw the pics of my car on fb lol!!!! and my bro probs told some people because hes got an 06 modded jetta thats the only other car person that has a good car!!!!
the hell fell out of your mouth?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk,May 23 2010, 10:13 AM
This post made my head hurt!!!
This whole thread makes my head hurt.

I agree with another poster in that most of the kids whose parents bought them nice cars in school ended up not doing very well once they were out on their own. I learned many valuable lessons from having to try to find a ride home from school every day. Hardship teaches independence and confidence in one's abilities to overcome that hardship.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:59 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by UC Gordon,May 22 2010, 07:06 PM
Forget the car...pay more attention in English class!
POST OF THE WEEK!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:25 AM

i drove a 04 sti my senior year of high school and no one hated. probably because the majority of the cars in the parking lot consisted of bimmers and benzs :/
Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 AM

thanks for sharing your views at this point i have Toyota corolla

thanks

Rueckfahrsystem
Old 05-24-2010, 11:55 AM

never been hated because I had a '85 Nissan 300zx rusted like no tomorrow back in 1999. I still love that car though. T-top FTW!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 PM

No not really, I had a brown pos 1983 Ford LTD with one hub cap missing. My cheerleader gf drove a brand new 94 Saab 900 coupe. My car was filled with skate stickers and primary car for my friends and I to skate spots around town. My gf mostly picked me up from/to school. I think her car was the nicest back then. Her dad was a lawyer.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:23 PM

I went to a redneck school (there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever). With that said there were mainly a lot of lifted trucks and tractors, haha yep; tractors.

Anyway it was kinda cool because both the imports and muscle car guys hung out and got along. People raced for fun and not because there was trash talking.

The only time I got flak was when I got a CBR 600RR. People always talked trash and even a kid with a late 90's vette said he could outrun it. I taught him otherwise afterschool one day.

I think it was just jealousy.. Everyone knew I worked and payed for my own toys (aside from Mom signing the loan app for me) since I worked at an autoshop everyday after school.

Boy those were the days! I miss buying anything I want with the lack of everyday living expenses (don't we all haha)
Old 05-24-2010, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeAP1,May 24 2010, 01:23 PM
Anyway it was kinda cool because both the imports and muscle car guys hung out and got along. People raced for fun and not because there was trash talking.
It does really suck that people that like certain cars often dislike group that like other cars. It really shouldn't be that way...to me, if you're an enthusiast and you enjoy your car, whether it be racing it or just the fact that you own it...you have enough in common. Some of my friends like imports, some like domestics, but we all get along and have respect for each others' cars. God I wish it was like that in high school.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:20 PM

I drove a 83 celica for sophomore year and was never hated on......

That all changed in junior year when I bought MY04 s2k. People would always talk trash, call me faggot ( i drive a suzuka ), and throw crap at my car when I was parked. This one guy even spit in my s2k when i had the windows cracked open. Also after a football game, some kids threw cake all over the top, but those kids found out how hard muay thai knees to the ribs really felt. It was all hell but i always had a laugh when all the gt mustangs would line up and try to keep up. Gotta love 3rd gear!

So yeah high school haters sucked but atleast nothing to damaging happened to my s2k.

Quick Reply: Were you ever hated in HS because of your car?