S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Were you ever hated in HS because of your car?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove an '83 Cutlass Supreme in high school...I was one of the poor kids. People didn't care about the car I drove. Although the cool kids cars were thought to be fixed up civics and integras(go figure). Reminds me of 2 of the guys that I had autoshop with... One owned a late 80's integra w/ a system and loud fart car(this was a true fart can). Another kid that had a v6 '70 or '71 Primered grey Nova that he wanted to drop a V8 in a year or 2. The integra kid always gave the Nova kid shit about how bad it handled and how he could see rust spots forming from inside the classroom. The Nova kid just took it all...He did restore it with his dad so he was pretty proud that he practically rebuilt the car. I gave more props to the Nova kid.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in high school i drove a 1987 Chrysler New Yorker. it was sold to me through my grandparents and i always walked out after school to find things like sunscreen, soda, pizza, everything smeared across the windshield. I'm not quite sure why that happened so much as i liked to keep to myself and a very small group of people. Once i crashed my new yorker i picked up a 1975 Cutlass with dual flowmasters, no one messed with me or my car anymore. i was always kind of jealous of the kids in my high school with Escalades, Hummers, Porsche's, BMW's. And one Junior who just got his license even had a brand new (back in 2006) supercharged Corvette
Old 05-20-2010, 08:47 AM

In high school I had a '94 teal Civic hatch on steelies with 350whp(LS, boost). Everyone thought my car was a POS and made fun of me... until some kid in a brand new Mustang GT, that daddy bought for him, started making fun of my loud "stock" "ricer" car. We raced leaving school about a week later and I put buslengths on him. The next day I would hear people talking about me and my car... not really hating. I was very quiet and kept to myself.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:03 PM

^ Thats epic. I love stories like that.

I acutally want a hatch soon for a beater...i want a boosted b series in it...and hopefully ill slowly pick up parts for a k24
Old 05-20-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif,May 19 2010, 10:31 PM
and i had this kid with a 2002 mustang gt that always wanted to race me
You probably would've won if you're half decent at driving...those mustangs (1999-2004) are the worst ever, besides the Terminator that came out in 2003. The 6-cylinders are like 17-second cars, and the 8-cylinders really aren't much better. I raced one in my G35 when I had a total of four people in my car...this guy was in a GT by himself and I still pulled on him.

The new Mustangs however...that is a different story.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mike21,May 20 2010, 08:47 AM
In high school I had a '94 teal Civic hatch on steelies with 350whp(LS, boost). Everyone thought my car was a POS and made fun of me... until some kid in a brand new Mustang GT, that daddy bought for him, started making fun of my loud "stock" "ricer" car. We raced leaving school about a week later and I put buslengths on him. The next day I would hear people talking about me and my car... not really hating. I was very quiet and kept to myself.
Yeah, but guys that own muscle cars think a certain way that you'll never change. It's okay for them to put blowers and all of these crazy things on their cars, but if someone does it in a 4-cylinder it's the worst idea ever. This one kid told me how it's "cheating." As if there are rules?

Sometimes we have to refrain to good ol' Jack Sparrow..."the only things that matter are what a man can do, and what a man can't do." Well, if you replace "man" with "car"
Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 PM

I had a 1990 Turbo Grand Prix in HS [back in 01-04]. A douche with an early 90's Civic hatch would always brag to other people about what a pos my car was compared to his Civic. He also bragged about the turbo B16 he was going to swap in [never happened]. All his car had was a body kit, ugly wheels and a black/red paint job. I challenged him to a race at the local track, but he would never race me.

There was a senior [when I was a junior] that had a E36 coupe that he swapped in an M3 motor, suspension and bodykit into. Thought he had the baddest car at school. He kept calling out my friend who had a basically stock 130k 300ZXTT. He got beat bad by the TT. Then he kept calling the TT a pos after the race.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by common reactor,May 19 2010, 11:30 AM
Way to be
hey im in hs still too.. my friends drive evo's but they aint got nothing on the convertible hahaha girls are all over this car
Old 05-20-2010, 09:58 PM

I really didn't get picked on in HS... I had a 1993 300E Benz with 80k miles it was dropped on AMG hammers. Each high school is different but my high school didn't really have a bully scene. I was one of the more popular kids and I was sure nice to alot of people... Also the nicest car was my best friend till this day's 750Li 2006 lol.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM

Was picked on by my own brother. (He drove a 350z in highschool)
My first car was a 1994 Dodge Caravan / Dark Green.
I was a senior in highschool, 2005. I was proud of this car.
My parents gave it to me. Always had to haul friends in the car.
Sold it last year with a blown motor (206K) for $180.

Quick Reply: Were you ever hated in HS because of your car?