S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Were you ever hated in HS because of your car?

Old 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I did forget to mention this: people seem to think even when it's sunny and 80 degrees that I'm some sort of douchebag trying to show off by driving out of school with my top down.....I'm just trying to have fun driving honestly. But I notice people are much more reluctant to let me in when I pull out of my spot every day when the top is down.

Could be because I'm usually wearing a hoodie with the hood up so the wind doesn't destroy my hair. That combined with the sunglasses could give me that image I guess...I'm not even sure.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2knkde,May 19 2010, 03:45 PM
Also, I did forget to mention this: people seem to think even when it's sunny and 80 degrees that I'm some sort of douchebag trying to show off by driving out of school with my top down.....I'm just trying to have fun driving honestly. But I notice people are much more reluctant to let me in when I pull out of my spot every day when the top is down.

Could be because I'm usually wearing a hoodie with the hood up so the wind doesn't destroy my hair. That combined with the sunglasses could give me that image I guess...I'm not even sure.
I drove to work today with the top down at 60 degrees, and light rain. Just imagine the looks I got

I wish I drove in high school to get hated on. I rode on the twinkie :/
Old 05-19-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by whiteflash,May 19 2010, 04:04 PM
I drove to work today with the top down at 60 degrees, and light rain. Just imagine the looks I got
Oh I do that all the time, I'm the crazy one who drives on the highway with the top down in the rain. If you're getting wet, go faster I guess.

But I was just specifying the least douchebag-like scenario where they still have the same response.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 PM

I know exactly what youre talking about. I got stuck at a stop sign first in line. I had my top down on a sunny 70 degree day, I was wearing a t shirt, and sunglasses. Literally half of the buses from my school drove by. The next day one of my friends said that his entire bus said I look like a douche bag. Surprisingly enough, i find it funny when things like this happen because the people calling me a douchebag have never spoken to me before.

Guess I have to take back my previous post about never being ripped on now that I remember this story... sorry.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Had a '94 del sol with a b16 swap and 17's nothing crazy but nothing all that ricey. Didn't really get noticed too much but every now and again I would get a "Is that your car man" "what is it?" then there were the preps that drove all new cars and thought they were just hot sh!t like they paid for their cars, kinda made me mad but hey its cool. I guess I were more jealous then anything because my parent(s) couldn't afford me new anything.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had my S2000 I didn't put the top down enough...you have to enjoy the car, screw what people think. This thread is really all about jealousy and if people wanna be jealous of a car that costs a fraction of these new luxury cars coming out, let them.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 PM

I got hated on for my 07 si...A kid in a like 95 altima called my car a slow pos...

a kid with a gay s10 called my friends si a cheap pos.

and i had this kid with a 2002 mustang gt that always wanted to race me

Basically the kids at my hs were gay and did not know shit
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kids at my school drove Boxsters (2), E46 M3 (1), Range Rovers (2), Tahoes/Escalades on 22" wheels (numerous), Z3s (3), 3 series (numerous), C-classes (numerous), Supra (1) ....

You were not out of the ordinary and no one cared unless you drove a Lambo or Ferrari to school.

A few of the nice cars were totaled by the time the students graduated.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 PM

i graduated last year, but in high school i never had a nice car. My dream in 9th grade was to get my s2k by senior year, it never happened lol, instead i worked my ass of and bought a daewoo, then worked a little harder and got a Hyundai, then worked a little harder and i got a 93 hatch then i sold it and saved up money and i got my s2k a year after i graduated. Could you believe my first car with power steering or ac or even electric windows was the s2k ? lol but hey everyday i sit in my car and feel as if its a lambo.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 AM

i HATED people that had cars in my HS. they thought they were cool and stuff and always talked down to people. this one guy his parents bought him a brand new 350z. this was back in 2005 tho. god i hated that place so much. fast foward 5 years to now and they work are burger king. ahha lame fools...but anyways...some HS kids here in abilene have BMWs and mercedes that mommy and daddy bought..i wish my parents were rich...

edit* at least u guys had cars..i had to take the city bus everyday to school. actually pretty much anywhere cause my parents dont know how to drive

Quick Reply: Were you ever hated in HS because of your car?