S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Well, a lot has happened in the past 2 months....

Old 02-01-2005, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, a lot has happened in the past 2 months....

Dec 16th, 2004 at approximately 7:45pm, I was heading to the gas station to grab a gatorade. I live in Alpharetta, Ga when I am not off at Auburn for school...so wintery weather doesn't happen all that often. Anyways, the temperature was hovering around 28deg, but it hadn't rained a lick in days, so it appeared to be just your usual cold night(a little colder than we are used to down here). The road that leads to the gas station is a curvy one and about 5ft off from the shoulder, there is an armada of trees and brush. Anyways, there are many people who live off the road, so its def. not the one you want to use for an aggressive drive. I am heading around the second turn on the road, 5 over the speedlimit(40mph), when all of a sudden the back end steps out hard. I am immediately thinking wtf??? No bid deal though, I have autox'ed the fool out of this car, being at this anlge ain't no thang. I caught her and brought her back in....or so I thought. Just as I was about to get the wheel straightened out, which would have meant that the rear was behind the car again, when the car SNAPPED oversteered the opposite direction. I spun a 180 and went off the road backwards, broadsiding a tree. I had a passenger and neither of us were hurt at all. Matter of fact, I drove my newly created boomarang home(it happened one mile from my house). It sucked, and sucked bigtime. My poor baby S2k had been totaled, no doubt about it. I got pissed, I know I am a better driver than that....hell, I had been in situations 10 times worse on the autox course(you can make a car do crazy things once you realize your heading for the wrong set of cones and the ones you want to be going around are about 60deg. to your right ). I drove back over there the next morning to survey the situation. The temp was about 30deg. that morning. Upon arriving to the spot, I immediately knew what had happened. Ice. WTF?? ICE?? It hadn't rained or anything. This is Georgia damnit, ice has no buisness here. This ice wasn't visible for crap, hell, I only saw it reflecting off the asphault from the sun....otherwise, I doubt I would have seen it. Damn, it was def. slippery though, I almost busted my ass a second time. I look around to see what the hell would cause a rouge ice patch. Well, as it turns out, there is a family that lives right off that turn and up hill from it. Their driveway had this same ice running all the way down it. Now it was starting to make sense. The bucket with the wash cloth in it and the hose beside it made it all too obvious. Apparently they had decided to wash a dog, cat, horse, elephant, car, something in their driveway the day before. It just so happens that water runs downhill, stupid ass phsyics. Anyways, it runs down their driveway and across the road making perfect conditions for an S2k killer. The curve is not sharp, but def. not a long sweeper. With a tail happy car like the S2k, my 40mph entry speed(apparently too fast for the conditions), and ice....it was the perfect combination to give me the shaft. Also, this is apparently why the car snap oversteered so hard. I think I was on the ice when I caught the car, and when I hit the grippy asphault again, I wasn't completely straight, so the new found traction put one hellacious snap oversteer condition on me. So, thats what happened and yes, I am still bitter. Anyways, here are pics of the car and at the bottom are pics of my new ride. Please note, I WILL get an S2k again one day, even if it is 10yrs old by then. I needed a car that is a little more practical and not nearly as bad on insurance as they weren't pleased about shelling out $26.7k to me afterwards.

Cliffs: First off your missing a hell of a story. I crash my S2k. I post pics. I buy an EVO. I post pics.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ouch...poor S...but luckily you (like many other lucky S owners) are ok...nice choice btw, I always wonder if I would go Evo or STi...I like the STi more...but as being a previous DSM owner, I know everything there is to know about the evo and nothing on the STi...sorry that had to happen.

I pray for myself*
Old 02-01-2005, 03:26 PM

Man's gots to know his limitations (Dirty Harry)
Old 02-01-2005, 03:45 PM

glad ur ok. nice evo
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM

sry 2 hear about the s2k, good thing your ok...

and very nice evo, i like how the s2ks sit a little better thought, but would now mind having an evo at all!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:56 PM

Sorry about the accident.

Dude: paragraphs!
Old 02-01-2005, 04:07 PM

Its in essay format
Old 02-01-2005, 04:14 PM

No, it's not. If it were an essay it would have paragraphs.

Quick2k
Old 02-01-2005, 04:17 PM

essays
Old 02-01-2005, 05:07 PM

Okay everyone, lets all play hooked on phonics because apparently the subject here is not cars, its my grammar. I bet I have some misplaced modifiers in there. Hell, possibly some run-on sentences and spelling errors. I doubt any of you read it anyways, so stop bitching or just don't even bother posting. I am not going to put any effort into a post on the internet other than spelling. I also will NOT change the way I post, so save your time and your typing skills.

Edit: BTW, I put cliffs at the bottom for a reason.

Quick Reply: Well, a lot has happened in the past 2 months....