S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Well it finally happened, scratch #1

Old 04-18-2003, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cyman33
i have a bimmer bean, you speak as if i dont have a car....and i do know how it feels, so i get it fixed, not a big deal
hehe.. nothing personal man, but i'm just going off your original post that its no big deal, but what he's talking about, is how it pisses him off and it sounded as if you would just take a hit and smile about it

but either way... to answer the original post, i wouldn't scratch a car back.. because i KNOW how bad that pisses me off... i have other methods of "getting even" without me damaging the other persons car... but letting them do it to themselves
Old 04-18-2003, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday, my right side bumper got hit by a car, while it was
parked in the parking garage. I can buff the scratches out but some
area, the paint was taken off, lucky it was only on the bumper area. I was very upset, I just bought this car and I havn't even got my license plate yet.
Things happens, what can you do.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:29 PM

For me it depends on the infraction...and whether or not the car in question is still there.

If I were to retaliate...I'd do it through less damaging...but inconveniencing ways....

Letting the air out of their tires is a good one....

Sorry guys...I love my cars...
Old 04-18-2003, 01:38 PM

.....its just a car dude get over it
I hate this kind of mentality. That's probably what the ass that did the damage was thinking I worked hard to pay off my Integra so I could trade it in to buy my S. If anyone scratches or dings my car, hell yeah i'm gonna be pissed. People should learn to respect other peoples property!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rajun asian
[B] I hate this kind of mentality. That's probably what the ass that did the damage was thinking
Old 04-18-2003, 03:47 PM

LOL, so now your accusing me of as being the type of person that scratches cars? I feel for any scratched S, i just dont spend time worrying about it, trust me it will add many years to your life....the scratch is there and unless you have a time machine there is nothing you can do about it.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:49 PM

Also, if I came of as being an @sshole, then im sorry, looking back at my original post it seemed a bit harsh, oh well, whats done is done....hope you can get the scratch out Razor
Old 04-18-2003, 03:53 PM

Also, if I came of as being an @sshole, then im sorry, looking back at my original post it seemed a bit harsh, oh well, whats done is done....hope you can get the scratch out Razor

thanks, i was thinking about using a toothpick with some touch up paint on the tip and fill up the lines but it will probably look bad. you can't really even see it unless you look for it, but its enough to bug me. i think im going to have it professionally fixed. does anyone know what exactly a pro would do to cover up these 2 small scratches?

thanks for the advice.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:07 PM

cymann 33, don't you get it....people submit threads occasionally to vent and receive some level of empathy from the rest of the group. Your quickness to flame him was not a mistake on your part, but a true indicator of the person you are. Next time you submit a reply, think before you hit the submit button.....
Old 04-18-2003, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by RazorV3

anyone know what exactly a pro would do to cover up these 2 small scratches?
hey razor... you wouldn't happen to have a digi to take a pic of the scratch would you? i have no idea how bad it is that you can't buff it out with some kind of polish.... what color was the car again? some colors are easier to hide scratches than others IMO...

Quick Reply: Well it finally happened, scratch #1