S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Weighted Shift Knob Part 2

Old 09-14-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need to get away from stock badly
Old 09-14-2006, 06:34 PM

Ok, maybe someone can help me out here. I use to LOVE my voodoo knob, with the feel/shape of it, but I can't use it anymore because I installed the axialflow SS, and with the countersunk voodoo it sits too low. Does anyone know of a shift knob that is like the voodoo, but not countersunk or possibly just a hair lower then stock? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Sep 14 2006, 08:34 PM
Ok, maybe someone can help me out here. I use to LOVE my voodoo knob, with the feel/shape of it, but I can't use it anymore because I installed the axialflow SS, and with the countersunk voodoo it sits too low. Does anyone know of a shift knob that is like the voodoo, but not countersunk or possibly just a hair lower then stock? Thanks.
Use the stock lock-nut (or any bolt) below your knob, that'll keep it sitting higher and adjustable to any height you want.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:46 PM

The TWM actually has adjustability for height, works really well too. The more I drive with the knob, the more I like it. I take back my earlier complaints.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by S2kracka,Sep 14 2006, 09:42 PM
Use the stock lock-nut (or any bolt) below your knob, that'll keep it sitting higher and adjustable to any height you want.
I have no idea why I never thought of that! I'm gonna go put the voodoo back right now with the lock nut and try it out. Thanks.

*EDIT* That idea didn't work. The voodoo knob sits too low, even with the lock nut at the lowest point, the thread on the knob doesn't catch because it starts to thread so high up in the knob. Oh well... I need to find another shift knob.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by itsmylittlebrothersbike,Sep 14 2006, 05:33 PM
I also bought the Skunk2 and did not like it. Too heavy. I put it back in the box and use it as a paperweight, an expensive paperweight. Anybody try the titanium knob from Honda?
I have the Honda titanium knob siting on top of an RPSS. I'm not sure the weight of the knob makes much of a difference.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Sep 14 2006, 09:34 PM
The Honda titanium knob on my RPSS works well, and while it may be totally unrelated, I've never had a buzz one from the shifter.
(Your mileage may vary. )
Old 09-14-2006, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by darkfx,Sep 14 2006, 01:40 PM
I believe countersunk makes more of a difference than weighted

i replaced the stock knob with a voodoo knob in spun aluminum - it weighs less than the stock knob. The 2" dia. ball and recessed shaft is what makes the difference for me. The throw is a little shorter and hitting the gates much more positive - mis-shifts are a rarity. Best $35 bucks I'll ever spend on the car.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Sep 14 2006, 07:27 PM
I have no idea why I never thought of that! I'm gonna go put the voodoo back right now with the lock nut and try it out. Thanks.

*EDIT* That idea didn't work. The voodoo knob sits too low, even with the lock nut at the lowest point, the thread on the knob doesn't catch because it starts to thread so high up in the knob. Oh well... I need to find another shift knob.
Try another approach. Drop a piece of hard rubber tubing INSIDE the Voodoo knob. Cut the length to allow the knob to thread 3 or 4 turns then hit the tubing. This should sit the knob higher on the shifter.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a twm shift knob also that i used to use on my MR2 (i sold it ) but I love the feel and the weight, it just makes every shift fall into place with confidence. I kept it when I sold the 2 so it's definitely going in my S when I buy it.

Quick Reply: Weighted Shift Knob Part 2