S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Water Leak due to the convertible drain hose clog

Old 04-30-2010, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leak due to the convertible drain hose clog

Keyword: water leak, drain hose, clog, wet carpet, rain gutter

Quick recap:
My S2000 has been very good to me Except massive water leakage in my trunk and under the passenger seat.

I searched the forum and found a fix for the trunk leakage by removing the rear bumper and applying sealant around the vent. I hoped it would've fixed leak but NO, I still had water in my trunk after 2 days of rain. And under the passenger seat was wet as usual.

Fast forward to yesterday, I just got my front bumper resprayed, feeling good, and decided to tackle this leakage problem.

Solution:
I looked around my car inside and out, and found the right side (passenger side) convertible drain hose was still filled with water!. it's right under the convertible brush thing. I poked around with a wire coat hanger and all that water drained down. I picked up massive amount of soaked leafs also.
Also I took out the rear tire and looked for the other end of the drain hose. I poked that around and got almost 6 thick leafs out.
To test if my fix worked, I poured some water in to the drain hole, which came right out from the bottom of the car.

I'm hoping this fixed my leakage issue especially to the inside because it would fog up the windshield so bad the day after the rain.

So if anyone has leakage problem this could fix it.

thx for looking.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have ever had your top replaced the rain guttering was probably not put into place correctly, this will cause you to get water in the trunk.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by termigni,Apr 30 2010, 08:22 AM
Quick recap:
I searched the forum and found a fix for the trunk leakage by removing the rear bumper and applying sealant around the vent. I hoped it would've fixed leak but NO, I still had water in my trunk after 2 days of rain. And under the passenger seat was wet as usual.

I looked around my car inside and out, and found the right side (passenger side) convertible drain hose was still filled with water!.
If you look in the UTH FAQ, that thread about sealing the vent also contains information about cleaning the drain lines. I know because I put it there, with pics.