S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Vortech SC vs Comptech SC

Old 12-19-2004 | 12:25 PM

Hey, I'm thinking about getting an S2000.... what do you think? Is it the right car for me?

I would like responses posted in iambic pentameter or in haiku, please.
Old 12-19-2004 | 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ckcrigger,Dec 18 2004, 10:36 PM
Mods, can we please have a FAQ that people actually read?
There already is one listed in the FAQs at the top of "Technical":
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108435

Obviously, people don't look there before posting a question. As already said, there is no point in putting more links up there. We can't "force" people to go there and read it. I can't see what more we can do other than putting such information in a "sticky".
Old 12-19-2004 | 12:57 PM

Maybe in addition to the extended faq, post the 5 most common ones at the top of the forum?

And use terms that these jokers actually can understand like:

"I'm new to RWD and manual tranny: Spinouts, Rev Matching, Oversteer"

"I bought a used S2000 and didn't get a manual: Burning Oil, Gas Door Release and Secret Compartment"

Or how about:
"YES, that question HAS been asked before: Superchargers, Winter Beaters, Snow Tires, and Hardtops"

Or maybe:
"Oh I f$%^ up my car: Bald Tires, New Drivers, Wet/Cold Weather and U!"

But we'd probably have to put the translation from English:
"Yo dawg, ne1 of u race n da streetz yo?"

But seriously: when a new member signs up, before they post... why not have a 5 minute automated orientation that they have to click through?
Old 12-19-2004 | 12:59 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by D-S2K,Dec 19 2004, 04:22 PM
thanks for the link guys.

and i'm sorry that i lack the common sense to be posting on this board.

why must someone get looked down upon when he/she simply wants some information about a certain topic that has been discussed before. i agree with the "search" function, and the FAQ portion of the forum. but common sense comes from past experience, and a person without prior experience about either Honda or forum boards should be assisted nicely, instead of responded with sarcastic or flaming comments.

being on the board longer does not make one better, or given the right to look down on anyone in anyway. if one needs help with an issue that has been discussed before, then a link would be very much helpful and appreciated rather than a link and a sarcastic comment.
Hey it was a generalization, it wasn't meant as a direct attack on you. But if you want to take it that way that's your choice. Is there some sort of inferiority complex that makes you naturally assume someone is looking down on you? You got your answer right? Move on.
Old 12-19-2004 | 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ckcrigger,Dec 19 2004, 02:57 PM
Maybe in addition to the extended faq, post the 5 most common ones at the top of the forum?
Have you seen this at the top of "S2000 Talk"?
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=154011
It doesn't contain everything you've just listed but it does contain a lot of stuff. If there is something more you want, you should PM that forum mod to add it to those FAQs.

I don't think the mod of any particular forum wants a bunch of clutter stickied at the top. Putting links into FAQs is the best option and we cannot MAKE people go read them. We are not their babysitters. Besides, the more "stickies" at the top of a forum, the more they will be IGNORED.

As time goes by, the "old guard" will always get frustrated and bored with the same old questions asked over and over again. Even I do sometimes. The solution? DON'T READ THEM AND DON'T ANSWER ANYMORE. It takes more effect to post a bunch of type comments than it is to just pass them by.
But let's face it, how many different questions can be asked about one car? They WILL repeat themselves and that's just the nature of such internet sites. If noone asked any questions anymore and everyone found what they were looking for by searching on their own, NOONE will ever post anything ever again. Then what?
Old 12-19-2004 | 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Dec 20 2004, 08:15 AM
Then what?
I'd probably have to get a life or something.
Old 12-19-2004 | 02:13 PM

Let's face it, show me an internet forum where this doesn't happen. Or, how about when a new person joins your group of friends in the real world, that shares the same hobby, they're going to ask all the basic questions, right? Maybe they'll get ribbed a bit for being the n00b.

D-S2K, after you've read that link, and still have questions, don't hesitate to post them in this thread. You can also PM me, I have Comptech and can discuss why I chose it.
Old 12-19-2004 | 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Dec 19 2004, 03:29 PM
I'd probably have to get a life or something.
That will never do.
Old 12-19-2004 | 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Halo,Dec 19 2004, 03:13 PM
Let's face it, show me an internet forum where this doesn't happen. Or, how about when a new person joins your group of friends in the real world, that shares the same hobby, they're going to ask all the basic questions, right? Maybe they'll get ribbed a bit for being the n00b.

D-S2K, after you've read that link, and still have questions, don't hesitate to post them in this thread. You can also PM me, I have Comptech and can discuss why I chose it.
Thanks for the support. I will definitely do.

and I appreciate the existence of this board, it has given me alot of insights and valuable knowledge about the S2K.

the FAQ link is a great source of info. maybe we can link directly
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

turbo_pwr, I apologize that I taking your comment personally, it sounded like a personal attack, and now I know you meant in generalization.

However, I've seen numerous of people, especially new members being flamed by an older member just because he/she asked a question that's been discussed before.

my point is, there is no need to be rude. we all enjoy the same car, and have the same love for it. why must we all be rude to one another when someone simply try to find out something that's been discussed before. it just makes people feel bad for asking questions, and there's nothing wrong for asking questions. post a link and a "hope this helps" comment would be greatly appreciated by everyone.