S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Visor Sticker Orientation

Old 01-29-2001, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my stickers today (thanks Rick and ReedZ).

I know a lot of you are getting stickers and a lot of you already have them. Is there a consensus on which way to orient them (up or down)?

This may seem obvious at first. The airbag stickers are oriented to be read by the driver and you might think the S2000 stickers should be oriented the same way. But I recall a previous thread where ReedZ had posted a picture showing the smaller sticker reading correctly from outside the car with the visor down.

So how is everybody else doing it or planning on doing it?

(I guess I could make a poll.....Naahh. Would rather see some concrete reasoning).
Old 01-29-2001, 06:09 PM

Speaking for myself the visor does nothing to help, I prefer sunglasses. That being said I installed them like the airbag warning stickers.
Old 01-29-2001, 06:12 PM

Originally posted by charlie
Speaking for myself the visor does nothing to help
Well, I've also considered removing the visors completely like other members here have done. And I might yet...
Old 01-29-2001, 06:23 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

I thought to do that too but it dosent look right without them. I put them so you can read them from inside the car.
Old 01-29-2001, 10:49 PM

I applied them so they would look right to me with the visor up or down.

I don't really care if someone coming towards me sees them upside down when the visor is down. I'd rather have someone behind me see them right side up when the visor is up, which it is most of the time.

(Gee, doesn't this belong in the technical section? )
Old 01-29-2001, 11:00 PM

Hey TFota, thats a bold license plate you have. I personally can't stand the Boxter...simply not fast enough for the money (unless its the Boxter S). Also I can't stand a car that is the same length in front as it is in the back, looks like a bar of soap. I'm sure many who worship the car will disagree, but I think I am safe here in Honda Haven. But really, just how much faster is that s2k over the boxter...anyone have any actual experiences?
Old 01-30-2001, 04:55 AM

I put them on in the same orientation as the airbag warning labels
Old 01-31-2001, 10:31 PM

What the heck is the 3rd small sticker for? I have looked everywhere... (I got 3 small stickers with 2 orders so I am guessing everyone did)
Old 02-01-2001, 05:18 AM

Originally posted by Digitool
What the heck is the 3rd small sticker for? I have looked everywhere... (I got 3 small stickers with 2 orders so I am guessing everyone did)
You must have gotten a bonus sticker. Maybe you could place the sticker on the radio cover door. As for me, I think it's too easy to 'over-logo' the car; the less, the better.
Old 02-01-2001, 08:32 AM

I personally used Goof-Off to remove the stickers on the Vinyl side (piece of cake) and am only using the stickers on the fabric side. Just orient the sticker the same way as the airbag one and it will be in the correct position when the visor is deployed.

Quick Reply: Visor Sticker Orientation