S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

updated clutch, no pressure plate ??

Old 11-30-2000, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just called los gatos honda, they said they'll give me the new clutch, but not the pressure plate...the guy seem confused, but checked, and said that. does this mean i'll still have the noise? where exactly did the new pp improve?
Old 11-30-2000, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by enLihtninBoy:
i just called los gatos honda, they said they'll give me the new clutch, but not the pressure plate...the guy seem confused, but checked, and said that. does this mean i'll still have the noise? where exactly did the new pp improve?

I had the clutch disk replaced and it sounds alot better. Who did you talk to at LG Honda? I always talk to Chuck about things like that. Chuck was told by Honda that the clutch disk is all that needs to be replaced to reduce the decel noise. If you want more info email me.

Old 11-30-2000, 09:41 PM
SaV

Sup everyone! I'm curious as if I should call up Los Gatos Honda and get my cluth plate replaced. I certainly don't have any problems with my clutch (maybe a little bit worn) and it doesn't make any noises. I've meant to bring my car in for the seat-belt recall and I would love to have a new clutch as well. Just a little note, do they "test" the car to see if it makes a noise? Finally, what should I say on the phone and in person (I'm a wonderful liar, heck, I should be a lawyer). Thanks in advance. Latez!
Old 12-01-2000, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by S2SaV:
Just a little note, do they "test" the car to see if it makes a noise? Finally, what should I say on the phone and in person (I'm a wonderful liar, heck, I should be a lawyer). Thanks in advance. Latez!
Sav, I have had the 1-2 grind and updated clutch disk repaired at different times, each time it was a phone call and all they asked was when I could bring the car in and did I need a loaner. Ask for Chuck, he is the service manager and is very helpful. They are extremely busy right now so you might want to wait until next week.

I don't think you should lie, just tell them you have been experiencing some grinds in 1st and 2nd and you have alot of noise when decelerating. Chuck has told me he is going to add the updated clutch disk to the 1-2 grind fix.

They didn't test drive the car in either situation. They have been terrfic to work with.

Let me know what happens...
Old 12-01-2000, 01:42 PM

no test drive...
the seatbelt parts are on back order...call them next week, maybe we could drop ours off at the same time?

Y
Old 12-02-2000, 07:54 AM

What's the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) number on the clutch plate? Has anyone posted the TSB?

Thanks,
Howard