S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The Ultimate Test of Honda Service

Old 02-23-2004, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Ultimate Test of Honda Service

So yesterday me and my brother were washing our cars. I was washing my s2000 and i found little glass pieces behind my seat when i was vacuuming. THis explains why my passanger window sticks out like 5 mm when its all the way down, its not the original window. THe car apparently has been broken into, but the lady i bought it from failed to mention that fact. But its all good, the car is in excellent condition other than that. But thats not the test. My brothers issue is worse. He was washing under his prelude to remove the salt and grime from the road and something looked amiss. There is styrofoam behind the bumper and on one side it was perfect and on the other it was missing extremely large pieces and broken. Also some of the metal bars were mangled to hell. Apparently the car has been in an accident before or so we think. We bought the car from a honda dealership and it was certified used. They said the car had never been in an accident. The VIN on the rear bumper matches the car and its in perfect condition so its weird. Either way we are going to honda to see what they say. Its not a small matter. The title is clean but the car is sketchy. We didnt notice because we never bothered to look under the car until we had to get the salt out. Its not like they make preludes anymore so they cant just give us a new one. But the dealership has been good to us before but now its time for the ultimate test. what will honda do? They are liable right? They certified the car and said it was never in an accident, but it clearly has been.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:11 PM

Did you run a Carfax on your brother's car?
Old 02-23-2004, 04:18 PM

yea honda gave us one when he bought the car and it said nothing was wrong. My brother brought the car over and i looked at it again and it isnt as bad as we thought but something definetly happened. He is taking it to an indep body shop to see exactly what has been done. The stuff under the car would be obvious if it was on a life, so if honda did there inspection like they say, they shouldve seen it.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:19 PM

Carfax is a good tool but only accidents that were reported to the DMV show up. If it was not reported or the police were not called it would not show.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:28 PM

If the bumper has the Vin # on it than it is original. If it was replaced it would have DOT where the Vin # should be. The Honda dealer isn't responsible in most cases... They weren't with the car from the minute is was sold to when it wsa traded. All they have to go off of is the carfax and the sellers word if it was traded. I don't understand why you are worried about some missing styrofoam?
Neal
Old 02-23-2004, 10:17 PM

Yeah carfax isn't always accurate. I ran a carfax on one of my daily drivers, which was in a pretty bad accident, and the carfax showed it was clean. After that, I don't really trust carfax.