S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Ugly Airbag Stickers on Visors

Old 01-07-2001, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, I'd get some too!
Old 01-07-2001, 08:04 AM
Banned

My approach was to just remove the visors. They are held in by one screw.

It's a roadster - you are supposed to get the sun in your eyes.
Old 01-07-2001, 09:46 AM
pfb

"goof-off", not "goo-off" or "goo-gone" is what I used to sucessfully remove my warning stickers from the smooth side of the visor.

Remove the visor, saturate a small portion of a shop rag in goof-off, rub. The sticker just disolves and is rubbed off by the rag. Repeat. Takes about 10 minutes per visor. Finish up with a little Vinylex or other non-silicone based vinyl treatment. (No armorall!)

Lots ov VOC's in goof-off, so be sure to do it in a well ventilated area. Also, don't panic if the vinyl appears to stretch or swell a little. All will be well in a few days time.
A slight outline of sticker is left behind. Not noticable unless you are looking for it. The flash in the picture actually makes this outline look much more noticable than it actually is...

Old 01-07-2001, 09:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in if their offered again......
Old 01-07-2001, 01:42 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Hmm.. after numerous threads on this subject I've come to the conclusion that you guys must have different, or additional, stickers on your visors. My visors are in the up position all the time and I don't recall ever seeing a sticker on them.

muz runs to garage to check it out
Old 01-07-2001, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Muz:
My visors are in the up position all the time and I don't recall ever seeing a sticker on them.

In Australia, you don't HAVE TO WARN everyone about every thing. It's a U.S.A. thing known as "too many lawyers..."

I put on Rick's stickers today (ignoring his instructions and just doing it out in the car with the top down and sun blazing.)

They look great but didn't do any thing to cure my F20C's valve train noise.

Old 01-07-2001, 02:36 PM

Coraldoc, the goof-off solution was recently posted by pfb, I currently have my stickers on and am more than satisfied with that effect so I had no desire to test goof-off. When I originally did the stickers I did not want to eliminate any warnings just remove the sticker that tells me there is another sticker on the back (thank you lawyers). Since then I have changed my mind and tried the alcohol soaked sponge method mentioned back then on the Boxter board which works fine. Simply soak a sponge in alcohol and leave it on the rear sticker for five or ten minutes, the stickers grip will loosen and it can be peeled off.
JohnA
Old 01-07-2001, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by Muz:
Hmm.. after numerous threads on this subject I've come to the conclusion that you guys must have different, or additional, stickers on your visors. My visors are in the up position all the time and I don't recall ever seeing a sticker on them.

Muz: The sticker that is visible on US S2ks says: "AIRBAG WARNING..flip visor over." Kind of reminds one of the story that certain Coke bottles had imprinted on the bottom, "Open other end." By the way, the mat is great. Thanks. dgl1
Old 01-07-2001, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'll do another sticker run. Will post another sticker group buy in a few days.
Old 01-07-2001, 04:14 PM

Thanks Rick!

Quick Reply: Ugly Airbag Stickers on Visors