S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Two months already?

Old 07-29-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two months already?

So I just realized, today marks exactly two months since I picked up my Rio Yellow MY05. Figured I'd post a bit of reflection from my experiences so far...

First of all, I must say that Rio has really grown on me. I was torn between GPW, NFR, and RY for the longest time. My father finally talked me into RY ("it's more of a kids color"). For the first few weeks, I kept seeing my professor's 03 NFR and would kick myself. After a while though, I realized that yellow simply does stand out more. Plus, the pearl gives it real depth after a good wax. So, I'm finally content with my choice.

The S is my first manual daily driver. Believe me, it took some getting accustom to. I freaked out about a half dozen times on the drive home from the dealer. It's only now that I'm getting experienced enough to realize how precise and fluid everything is. It only took a couple weeks to realize driving stick is much, much more enjoyable than my previous automatics. Now, I just have to master the heel/toe and seamless rev-matching on downshifts.

I now frequently find myself driving for simply no reason. I have (drum-roll) 4044 miles as of tonight... and I work less than a mile from my home. I've already had a dozen evening trips down PCH. It's just impossible to get tired of this car.

It has become apparent that nobody overlooks a yellow S2000. I was in Coffee Bean the other night. The girl behind the counter: "I saw you driving down Valley View last night. Nice car!"

So I suppose this leaves the couple negatives I found. First, Honda needed a larger fuel tank. I fill up twice a week, at the very least. Next, I wish they would have given us a tilt/telescopic wheel. The boot should have some sort of rear snap- mine flaps on the freeway. Finally, it would have been nice if they left the dash controls for the radio out all-together. Other than that... brilliant vehicle.

Thanks for reading everyone! It's been a great two months.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude! You got your '05 the day after I got mine!

When/If you put the boot cover on, twist the straps once and they won't flap in the wind.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by jasonw,Jul 29 2005, 10:11 PM
Dude! You got your '05 the day after I got mine!

When/If you put the boot cover on, twist the straps once and they won't flap in the wind.
Really? Congrats on the car then bro.

That's a good tip about the straps... but I mean my WHOLE BOOT flaps in the wind. Since only those two little tabs hold the back down, once in a while the wind actually lifts it loose. Of course, this is usually at speeds well above the posted limit.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:38 PM

Can't resist.... I want yellow........ Can't resist........

It's so hard to find a used yellow 04-05, the temptation is there to buy a new 05, but I can't take the hit on the depreciation of 4-5k (2-3k for the car value and another 2k for the new car tax that I won't get back if I sell the car) during the first year of the ownership.

Not that I will sell it, but with my company is downsizing really hard, I just can't take my chance.... sucks being a salaryman cause you never know what's going to happen
Old 07-29-2005, 10:41 PM

Gameson, I can feel your pain on the yellow hunt. It took me three different dealerships just to find a new RY. The local dealer said they have NEVER had a Rio Yellow on their lot.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:35 AM

Odd. Our local dealer has had a yellow on the lot for six months, and it seems like the majority of S2000s available when I search CarMax are yellow or black.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkstrike,Jul 30 2005, 04:35 AM
Odd. Our local dealer has had a yellow on the lot for six months, and it seems like the majority of S2000s available when I search CarMax are yellow or black.
Which local dealer? used or new?
Old 07-30-2005, 12:28 PM

New 05 in Columbus GA, plus I count two 02s and two 04s in various CarMax locations at the moment. I'm sure there are more out there if you're looking for yellow (either Rio or Spa).
Old 07-30-2005, 02:59 PM

there is one yellow at carmax in irvine, but freaking expensive, asking $27k+tax for an 04 with 10k+ miles. and the fax that we can't bargain makes it a turn off. I will keep hunting and hopefully will see something soon....

Hopefully the blue in 06 will make people trade in their yellow so I can get one.. lol
Old 07-30-2005, 03:31 PM

you drive like me....i got mine april 18th and I have put 8200+ miles so far!!

Quick Reply: Two months already?