S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

turbo or supercharger?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo or supercharger?

ive had my s2000 for a little over 3 months and i cant get the idea of forced induction out of my head! i really want to boost this sucker and really make it stand out. im new to the s2000 scene and would like opinions and facts about both turbo and supercharger applications for the s2000. what you guys think is better and why. also brands and places for me to look into them for myself. thanks for your help.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to S2KI!

There's a whole forum here about forced induction... this probably should've been posted there. Also, if you take a bit of time to read some posts there and use the search function, I suspect all of your questions have already been answered. Happy hunting!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:21 AM

Yea I have that same question . Wats best to get turbo or supercharger .
Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Aug 24 2007, 05:11 AM
Welcome to S2KI!

There's a whole forum here about forced induction... this probably should've been posted there. Also, if you take a bit of time to read some posts there and use the search function, I suspect all of your questions have already been answered. Happy hunting!
i thank you for your reply and i guess i could go through all other posts and take a long time to reseach everything but i would really appreciate opinions and facts from everyone so i can just come to this one thread and find out what i need to know. thanks
Old 08-24-2007, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Ahh... so you're lazy and want us to do all the work for you? C'mon, man... if you're planning to do a turbo or supercharger build, you should be willing to do a little bit of research. That'll get you warmed up for all the trials and tribulations you have lying ahead of you.

Seriously, man... I'm trying to be friendly, but put forth a little effort. People that have been here a while get tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. Just take a few minutes and use the search function and you'll find what you need.

If you find a thread that specifically goes into this topic, you might request that a mod add it to the stickies in the FI forum. It seems FAQ-worthy.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:07 AM

search button please, you can't learn faster and more efficiently by just reading. There is a plethora of information here in many many threads. You will find that turboing a 06+ with drive by wire is increasingly difficult and will cost you tons of money and its difficult. good luck on your search.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Wait for the BRP/Flyin Miata kit.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Aug 24 2007, 07:02 AM
^ Ahh... so you're lazy and want us to do all the work for you? C'mon, man... if you're planning to do a turbo or supercharger build, you should be willing to do a little bit of research. That'll get you warmed up for all the trials and tribulations you have lying ahead of you.

Seriously, man... I'm trying to be friendly, but put forth a little effort. People that have been here a while get tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. Just take a few minutes and use the search function and you'll find what you need.

If you find a thread that specifically goes into this topic, you might request that a mod add it to the stickies in the FI forum. It seems FAQ-worthy.
thank yout for not helping, i dont want to hear what you think about me just want to hear opinions for turbos and superchargers, thank you
Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by white06s2k,Aug 24 2007, 10:27 AM
thank yout for not helping, i dont want to hear what you think about me just want to hear opinions for turbos and superchargers, thank you
Now you most likely just lost any and all help. Be a little more respectful, he/she was just helping you out.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 AM

I'll give you my quick reply. Because yours is a 2006, DBW is going to give you problems.

Quick Reply: turbo or supercharger?