S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

TSB's a warrenty's

Old 12-30-2003, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB's a warrenty's

I've an item on one of the TSB's that I noticed that I may have a problem with. My question is, will Honda fix it without charge even if your warrenty is expired? Or is it too bad and see you later?
Old 12-30-2003, 06:43 PM

Its up to the regional service manager. If the regional service manager approves it then it can be done, but if not it is up to the dealership to decide. Just wondering, what is it you are needing done? Some things they are more prone to fix out of warrenty than others.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:57 PM

Depending on the severity of the problem and the relationship you have with your local Honda dealer, they may take care of it, or they may not. Best advice is to ask in a polite manner, but if they firmly refuse, ask if they can "goodwill" it for you.

Even if they refuse, it still might be worth your while to write and call AHM explaining your situation to see if they will help you.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:04 PM

thanks fellas. the problem i'm having, i'm not sure if its a problem but... when i'm in gear and then i take my foot off the accelerator... at around 3000 rpm there is a buzzing noise. its only occasional and faint, but i want to get it checked out anyways. the TSB on it is:

00-054 20011127 M/T - Buzz/Rattle on Deceleration
Old 12-30-2003, 07:45 PM

I just had this TSB done the a week ago, and man did it make a differnce. Even though I bought my car used it was certified, so I have a 100k warrenty on power train (the dealer also threw in a 100k bumper to bumper warrenty). This is something that would most likley be up to the dealership and regional manager (since they are then ones to approve or dissaprove an out of warrenty TSB). My dealer did not only replace the disk as called for, but the pressure plate, and throw out bearing. I would inquire on this durring your next oil change or service at the dealer.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:52 PM

i took my car in for the same clutch buzz, however the dealer didnt hear it. along with the quick 1-2 upshift grind. again, cannot duplicate problem

i worked for a dealership for two years. wait about a month, and take it in again. if they still dont fix it, try again after a bit. if you constantly bring it in for the same problem, they might breakdown and do it. i did some work like that. thats what im planning on doing, since if your under the age of 30 and you take your s2k in for problems, your "abusing" it.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't the 054 fix a clutch replacement? If it is, I doubt it will be covered since it's considered a wear and tear item.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:01 AM

As far as I understand the TSB should be done free regardless of the status of warranty.

Reason being that depending on the issue they may be considered a replacement of a defective part. Just tell them you are bringing the car in for the xxxyyyzzz RECALL.. that should get their attention.

I have had and ECU and Strut (right) replaced on other Honda cars under a TSB after the warranty was expired. However, I have been buying cars from the same dealer for 7 years so there may be a 'goodwill' factor in there.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cashout
As far as I understand the TSB should be done free regardless of the status of warranty.

Reason being that depending on the issue they may be considered a replacement of a defective part. Just tell them you are bringing the car in for the xxxyyyzzz
Old 12-31-2003, 01:23 PM

I know. But if you play the recall card you may get more attention

Quick Reply: TSB's a warrenty's