S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Try this for customer service: Classic Motoring Accessories

Old 08-15-2001, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had some problems with my Weathershield cover leaking water, so I emailed Classic Motoring Accessoires, where I bought it last year. Here's my orignal message and their reply. This is top notch customer service, which these people always provide. Perhaps that's why their things cost a bit more

My email

Friends,

I purchased a Weathershield cover for a Honda S2000 from you last fall and have been using it almost daily. It's waterproofing qualities have virtually disappeared after only six months and I am very unhappy with the product. It leaks water through the seams when it rains, and the finish underneath is always soaked. In my view, the claims you make for this product are wildly exaggerated. It's good for about 4 or 5 months, then the performance deteriorates badly.

I've maintained it religiously, washing it as instructed and generally keeping it clean. What kind of warranty does this cover have? I'd like to replace it with a new one, since according to your information, there's nothing better.

I've been very satisfied with you products and services, but this one is a disappointment, I'm afraid to say.

Thank you for your help.

Richard A. Hesel
hesel@artsci..com
hesel1@home.com

Their reply

Hi Richard,

Your cover has a four year warranty from Covercraft and is obviously defective. All I need to do is return the cover to the manufacturer for replacement. If you'll be so kind as to put the cover in a box of some kind, I will mail you a merchandise return label from UPS. When you receive the label, just put it on the package and take it to any UPS shipping station (Office Depot, Mail boxes, etc.) There is no cost to you for return
shipping.

In the 12 years we've been selling Covercraft covers we've only had one cover (NOAH material) leak at the seams and Covercraft replaced it without question. We have not had any problems with the WeatherShield covers.

Sorry about this cover having a problem but we'll stand behind you and get you a replacement.

Please verify your current mailing address by return e-mail so I can send your return label.

Terry & Jan
Classic Motorting Acc
Old 08-15-2001, 08:08 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

And that folks is how it is supposed to be done!
Old 08-15-2001, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is nice to see that people do still offer good customer service.
Old 08-15-2001, 08:31 AM

Nice!
Old 08-15-2001, 08:53 AM

Wow, mine leaks too...I thought it was only me. I'm going to mail them right away and get my replacement as well. I just purchased it in May and it leaked slightly soon after. Now I've just quit using it, for the most part.

Thanks Rick for the valuable info.

Steve
Old 08-15-2001, 09:29 AM

A wonderful example on how to get the results you want.

Rick writes the perfect dissatisfaction letter (explains the problen without a lot of hyperbole, backs up his end with description on his maintenance of the top, describes what he would like as recompense, AND mentions that he has been a regular customer) and gets the perfect response in return (well, maybe not perfect, they could have sent him a new top and refunded his money as well).

And no, this is not Rick hiding under someone else's user name.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:42 AM

Well done Classic. I've also done a fair amount of business with them and have always been happy.

And, well done Rick. It's so refreshing to see a good news post when so often is just rants and raves about someone done somebody wrong. Good to hear!
Old 08-15-2001, 10:30 AM

That's great customer service. I bet these people get more business because of this.
Old 08-15-2001, 10:42 AM

Its a sad comment on business today when we have to point out the exception as good customer service and by default the bad is the norm.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:10 AM

I took have had a good experience doing business with those guys. Great service, to say the least.

Quick Reply: Try this for customer service: Classic Motoring Accessories